• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Spanking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lindsayilene

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Last week-end my daughter went to go visit her paternal grandparents. My daughter's father, and his current girlfriend both live with my daughter's grandparents.

My daughter told me that her dad's girlfriend spanked her because my daughter touched her phone.

I am furious! I am not opposed to spankings as discipline, but I do not feel that this woman has any right to touch one hair on my child's head.

What can I do legally to make sure that this never happens again?

A little background...

My duaghter's father refused parenting time rights in court in March of 02. So, my daughter is visiting her grandparents, not specifically her dad.

My ex's girlfriend threatened to take my daughter's life in October 2000. I had a personal protection order, but it has since expired.

I know that I could just stop letting my daughter from going to visit her grandparents, but I don't want to do that. Is there some type of legal action that I can take which will keep my ex's girlfriend away from my daughter?

Thanks in advance.

stephenk

why did you let the protection order expire?

go and get another one.

also, tell the grandparents that if they want to continue to see your child, the ex's girlfriend has got to be somewhere else during the visitation. if girlfriend is present during visitation, then no more visitation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">