• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Spanking laws and stepparents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJane

Thanks for all of your responses.

I kind of expected that it would be something we probably couldn't do anything about. Just p*sses me off that because a church says that God wants you to hit your kids it is suddenly okay. I would rather deal with a drugged out, alcoholic than a reborn evangelical, it is complete madness the things they come up with.

Thanks again.

Bahahahahahahaha! No kidding. Give me a meth head over a Promise Keeper any day!

Just Blue

glad you learned from it , my son woulda died but her drug induced momma did go in to save him , called me 2 weeks later to tell me the firefighters wouldn't go in , so she did . I got my ass chewed for whipping but , like I said Momma babyed the the fist time , cause I whipped it , so tell me when is " spanking approbate ?
When YOUR child is setting fire to the family home....But this is your kid...You have the right to spank your own child...Would you want some stranger to take it upon themselves to whack your kid?

BL

When YOUR child is setting fire to the family home....But this is your kid...You have the right to spank your own child...Would you want some stranger to take it upon themselves to whack your kid?

Damn right when you're watching them . Spank their frigging butt , put m a chair , when their momma comes home , they cry like a baby , and momma consoles them, and tells ya never to touch them again. I ain't getting burnt up .GET IT ??

MrsK

I'd never allow my husband to spank my 2 oldest kid (his step sons) but that doesnt mean that it is illegal for a stepparent to spank a child. I know its not in my state.

BL

I'd never allow my husband to spank my 2 oldest kid (his step sons) but that doesnt mean that it is illegal for a stepparent to spank a child. I know its not in my state.
K , would you allow an adult to " spank" " whipp " a youngster setting fire under your home ?

I had this discussion today about old outhouses whoo[ing , ya ever had a willow tree switch ?

Last edited:

CJane

K , would you allow an adult to " spank" " whipp " a yougster setting fire under your home ?

I'd like to think that if a child was caught attempting to set fire to my home - even inadvertently, that the adult would stop the activity without violence and make every effort to get the child to someone who could assess what is wrong with them that made them think setting the house on fire might be a good idea.

How does a spanking help in that situation? Clearly it didn't teach YOUR child that setting fires was a bad idea.

Spanking, in my experience, teaches kids not to get caught but doesn't teach them not to engage in the behavior.

Hippie Chik

Whether it is legal in the state or not I think that a Bio parents wants should trump a steps. If the Bio parent doesn't want someone smacking their kid then that should be enough.

Sadly this is just one of many ways that his ex tries to diminish or lessen his role in their lives. If she had it her way he would go away and just send that check once a month. She has no idea how good she has it with my DH, he is NEVER late with CS, pays 100% of all extra cirriculars including the gear, buys the shoes, coats and most of the other big ticket items. He backs her up on school and discipline issues with the kids and NEVER bad mouths her or her husband to them. If they complain about something he just tells the kids that their mom loves them very much and they need to be good to her.

Now I am just venting but the idea that they sit in their little church and look down on us makes me want to scream. She has stuck Bible tracts in the kids stuff she sends over and even mailed me a pamplet that was titled "Why good Christians should support George W Bush". UUUUGGGHHH why was I given this to deal with???????

BL

I'd like to think that if a child was caught attempting to set fire to my home - even inadvertently, that the adult would stop the activity without violence and make every effort to get the child to someone who could assess what is wrong with them that made them think setting the house on fire might be a good idea.

How does a spanking help in that situation? Clearly it didn't teach YOUR child that setting fires was a bad idea.

Spanking, in my experience, teaches kids not to get caught but doesn't teach them not to engage in the behavior.

Go get burnt up then . ASSEAS ???

BL

Is the child who was setting fires YOURS?
TY Baby no, I had a baby moved from NY to FL. took on her other 2 children that her mother had custody of , It w2as one of her basterrd kids aND COUSIN DID IT . i WHIPPED HER SON , HAD ENOUGH LEFT , 2 WEEKS LATER GOT A CALL thankfully MY son got saved .

So enough of spankinking , bottom line if it's neesary , YES . Cousrse today you can't leave marks . I gotn qwhipped by belts . willow tree switches , I'm done with this thread .

I'm not a mean person , but threw my GF's som out n at 17 for threatening lives including mine . " slleep " peacfully " When spanking is nessesary I beileive.

Just Blue

Whether it is legal in the state or not I think that a Bio parents wants should trump a steps. If the Bio parent doesn't want someone smacking their kid then that should be enough.

Sadly this is just one of many ways that his ex tries to diminish or lessen his role in their lives. If she had it her way he would go away and just send that check once a month. She has no idea how good she has it with my DH, he is NEVER late with CS, pays 100% of all extra cirriculars including the gear, buys the shoes, coats and most of the other big ticket items. He backs her up on school and discipline issues with the kids and NEVER bad mouths her or her husband to them. If they complain about something he just tells the kids that their mom loves them very much and they need to be good to her.

Now I am just venting but the idea that they sit in their little church and look down on us makes me want to scream. She has stuck Bible tracts in the kids stuff she sends over and even mailed me a pamplet that was titled "Why good Christians should support George W Bush". UUUUGGGHHH why was I given this to deal with???????

There was a member on here with the user name "Family1st"....She sounded much like the ex you are describing...You wouldn't happen to work for an attorney would you?

Just Blue

TY Baby no, I had a baby moved from NY to FL. took on her other 2 children that her mother had custody of , It w2as one of her basterrd kids aND COUSIN DID IT . i WHIPPED HER SON , HAD ENOUGH LEFT , 2 WEEKS LATER GOT A CALL thankfully MY son got saved .

So enough of spankinking , bottom line if it's neesary , YES . Cousrse today you can't leave marks . I gotn qwhipped by belts . willow tree switches , I'm done with this thread .

I'm not a mean person , but threw my GF's som out n at 17 for threatening lives including mine . " slleep " peacfully " When spanking is nessesary I beileive.
The whipping did no good...he STILL set fire to the home...perhaps psychological intervention might have worked if given a chance. But thank goodness your son is okay!

Hippie Chik

There was a member on here with the user name "Family1st"....She sounded much like the ex you are describing...You wouldn't happen to work for an attorney would you?
I wish I did maybe we could get something done without having to spend thousands. I am so mad at the situation that I want my DH to at least go back to mediation with her but he is hesitant. Doesn't want to stir the pot so to speak. I just bite my tongue until it bleeds but someday**************

Just Blue

I wish I did maybe we could get something done without having to spend thousands. I am so mad at the situation that I want my DH to at least go back to mediation with her but he is hesitant. Doesn't want to stir the pot so to speak. I just bite my tongue until it bleeds but someday**************
How old are the children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">