• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of limitations for perjury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crhsah

What is the name of your state? WA

Background: female divorced with 1 child; even though I left him 5 years ago, it took me 2 1/2 years to obtain a divorce due to his delays with producing paperwork.

He has had me in court twice since. He has told massive lies. He is trying to make a case that I am attempting parental alienation and constantly withholding our son from him. This could eventually put me in jail and bankrupt me if I don't put an end to it.

eg: He told the courts that he had been making nightly telephone calls to our son. He had been given permission to do so, but had never done it until just the month before he took me to court. I paid $200 to get his phone records, which prove this is a lie. He has just recently stated that he had to call the police because he "hadn't heard from our son in 2 weeks." That he made his nightly phone calls and there was no answer. I could pay for more phone records to prove that this is a lie. He was supposed to have our son for Halloween. He went to the school party (right before court appearance), but walked out and left him. He later told the courts that he had left because there was a theft at his place of employment. He had already told me that it had happened days earlier. I could get the police record. etc. etc. etc. ad nauseum:(

I just need to know if I could have him charged with perjury so that I could call an end to thisWhat is the name of your state?

crhsah

So, it would be worth compiling all of the paperwork for next go 'round?

EG: I never returned to my ex after the night that we first arrived in this state for his job transfer. This is STILL being dragged out as evidence of my depriving him of his child...

It just recently occurred to me what I could have done was to return to NM where I had residency. Instead, I got a cell phone with a number in the city he lives in. Got a WA state driver's lisc, and a WA state nursing lisc. And made arrangements for him to see him every weekend in spite of the fact that neither of us could file for divorce for another 6 months....

Do I need to get proof of where I had residency, and what I did to maintain contact here and attached it for next go round?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">