• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stay Away Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bray6

What is the name of your state? CA

I was in court last Friday and the judge issued a stay away order for my daughter's mom's boyfriend. He has been physically abusing her (biting, slapping). I did not get a copy of the order so I don't know the specifics, my attorney got a copy but his office does not open until Tuesday. What do these orders usually state? Because I just found out that my daughter's mom took my daughter to the boyfriends house the day after the order was issued and had my daughter wait outside this guys residence, twice in one day.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

I was in court last Friday and the judge issued a stay away order for my daughter's mom's boyfriend. He has been physically abusing her (biting, slapping). I did not get a copy of the order so I don't know the specifics, my attorney got a copy but his office does not open until Tuesday. What do these orders usually state? Because I just found out that my daughter's mom took my daughter to the boyfriends house the day after the order was issued and had my daughter wait outside this guys residence, twice in one day.
No one knows what your order states. They can state anything. How would we know?

It varies immensley. You will need to see the specifics before determining if mom is in violation of that order. Sounds like mom doesn't care that her BF abused her daughter. Mom is an idiot and will be lucky if she maintains custody. Courts don't like parents who side with abusers over their own children!

JETX

They usually say no contact. However, what it says and what it means is none of your business.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
They usually say no contact. However, what it says and what it means is none of your business.
Umm, Jetx, it could be his business if the order protects his DAUGHTER from the boyfriend. But we have no clue what the order says, who it protects, how far boyfriend must stay away or anything else.

Why is it none of his business? He is trying to protect his daughter from an abuser whom mom has been ordered to keep the child away from. If I remember from a prior post he is the one that brought this to the attention of the court. Damn straight it's his business!

bray6

The order states that mom is to keep her boyfriend away from my daughter. I just don't know the specifics and my question was if there is a standard stay away order (100 yards, no contact, etc). And yes it is my business.....

BL

Why wasn't the BF arrested for biting and hitting , or was he ?

And if it happened while Mom was there , why wasn't something done about that ?

JETX

Umm, Jetx, it could be his business if the order protects his DAUGHTER from the boyfriend.
Did you read the OP?
"the judge issued a stay away order for my daughter's mom's boyfriend. He has been physically abusing her (biting, slapping)."
The order applies to the "daughter's mom's boyfriend"... and though it doesn't say who, it would presumably prohibit his contact with 'MOM'. It would have nothing to do with the subject (the OP's daughter)!!

bray6

The latest incident with the biting occured about 2 weeks ago and I reported it a week ago. The police dept took the report, issued an EPO and forwarded the report to the DA's office for review. Mom was there in the other room and she instructed my daughter not to tell me anything because she and the boyfriend would get into trouble.

JETX

Umm, Jetx, it could be his business if the order protects his DAUGHTER from the boyfriend.
Why is it none of his business? He is trying to protect his daughter from an abuser whom mom has been ordered to keep the child away from. If I remember from a prior post he is the one that brought this to the attention of the court. Damn straight it's his business!
Did you read the original post?
"the judge issued a stay away order for my daughter's mom's boyfriend. He has been physically abusing her (biting, slapping)."
The order applies to the "daughter's mom's boyfriend"... and though it isn't specific, it would presumably prohibit his contact with 'MOM'. It would have nothing to do with the subject (the OP's daughter)!!

Did you read the original post?
The order applies to the "daughter's mom's boyfriend"... and though it isn't specific, it would presumably prohibit his contact with 'MOM'. It would have nothing to do with the subject (the OP's daughter)!!

Yes, I see it is confusing. I read OP's other thread as well. He is talking about a RO that prohibits mom's boyfriend from being in contact with his daughter. Said boyfriend abused OP's daughter.

JETX

Yes, I see it is confusing. I read OP's other thread as well. He is talking about a RO that prohibits mom's boyfriend from being in contact with his daughter. Said boyfriend abused OP's daughter.
If the TRO is against the boyfriend having contact with the OP's daughter, then she (the daughter) needs to contact the court.
If the TRO is against the 'daughters mother', then the OP has no standing in this matter.

If the TRO is against the boyfriend having contact with the OP's daughter, then she (the daughter) needs to contact the court.
If the TRO is against the 'daughters mother', then the OP has no standing in this matter.
The TRO is against the BF having contact with OP's minor child. Mom evidently brought OP's child to BF's house and left her outside. OP want's to know if this is a violation of the order, but can't give any specifics as to the order since he has yet to receive his copy from his attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">