• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stay away order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bray6

What is the name of your state? CA

Does anyone know how long it takes for CPS to interview a child? I spoke with CPS last Wednesday and she stated that she would interview my daughter last Thursday or Friday and still no interview. To remind everyone, mom's boyfriend bit my daughter leaving bruises. Police report made, photos taken and report was sent to DA and CPS. Mom's boyfriend admitted to bite, said he was playing around and a 'no contact' order was issued by family court pending mediation. I am wondering why CPS has not interviewed my daughter yet.

Isis1

What is the name of your state? CA

Does anyone know how long it takes for CPS to interview a child? I spoke with CPS last Wednesday and she stated that she would interview my daughter last Thursday or Friday and still no interview. To remind everyone, mom's boyfriend bit my daughter leaving bruises. Police report made, photos taken and report was sent to DA and CPS. Mom's boyfriend admitted to bite, said he was playing around and a 'no contact' order was issued by family court pending mediation. I am wondering why CPS has not interviewed my daughter yet.
do you have the name and number of the caseworker if one was assigned? when the NCP filed a false report of child abuse (not saying your was a false allegation) against my husband for abuse, the case worker called on a Monday, saw the children that Thusrday. the NCP had the children during that time and refused to make them available to her on his parenting time. otherwise, she would have seen them that Monday. (police report was filed the Friday before. so it's possible the case worker hasn't had the child available to speak to. call the case worker back and see if you can schedule the interveiw during your parenting time. unless the children are in a life endangering situation, CPS may not act as quickly as you would like. and trust me, my mother also avoided talking to CPS just by not answering the phones and making us get up at 5am and not coming home until 12am just to avoid them. so try to arrange something on your time.

bray6

I called and left a message. It is possible that she has other urgent matters to attend to. I did inform her of the 'no contact' order so she may feel that my daughter is safe for now. The police reports and photos should be in her possession by now. I also filed a supplemental report with the police because now my daughter's aunt (mom's sister) is trying to get my daughter to change her story. Apparently last week mom and aunt sat my daughter down and aunt did all the talking. Aunt told her that everything was an accident and that my daughter should not be accusing the boyfriend of hurting her. Of course, the aunt never witnessed any of the incidents and she is only going by what mom has told her and mom's story is that everything was an accident and that the boyfriend was just playing around (the latest incident was where he bit my daughter on the leg and left bruises for two weeks).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">