• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stay at home mom paying child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

redrivertx

I am a remarried stay at home mom in Texas who has Managing Conservatorship of my 15-year-old son. His father pays me child support monthly. My son’s father and I feel it might be a good idea for him to live with his father so he can get the benefits of a larger high school. Will I have to pay my ex-husband child support if I turn over custody and even though I have no income? Will my current husband have to pay him child support because I have no income? My son did live with my ex-husband half a school year in the past. But as soon as my son gets into trouble at school my ex sends him packing home. I thought about turning over custody so my son will not bounce back and forth Also so my ex will know if he wants to have him live with him he has to take all responsibility. If I have to pay child support what percentage of income is it based on.

H

hound dog

Well it will depend on your x i guess. Now every lawyer i talked to about changeing custody over they said the judge will order the other parent to pay support it is the Law.....My guess is they will base it on minium wage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">