• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step-Mother Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amye66

What is the name of your state?undefined Utah.

Does a step-mother have any rights in Utah? My husband has visitation only, ex has sole custody. Dad works until 8 pm on Fridays, so bio mom won't let him pick his daughter up until Saturday morning. I have been told that he can have whomever he'd like to pick up his daughter unless decree has specific verbiage saying he has to. Mom hates me, and will not allow me to pick her up so we are home with dinner ready when dad gets home. Does anyone know if this if right or not? :confused:

Either way though a step-mother doesn't have any rights technically but your husband can file contempt (depending on the answer to stealths ?) or your husband can file for a modification.

haiku

this has nothing do to with 'stepmother rights" (oxymoron?) but whether or not dad can designate someone else to p/u for his visitation times.

casa

Does the custody paperwork state specifically that no one but father can pick up the child? Does the paperwork state specifically a designated time to pick up the child?

Your husband may need to go to court filing modification to have these things written exactly into the order.

If the order is written clearly already and mother is refusing visitation, then that can be enforced through law enforcement and brought to the attention of the court via filing of contempt of court order if it continues to happen.

May seem like simple question, but: Has father asked mother to have pick up time after 8pm? If she agrees, they can sign a written agreement to that effect and solve the issue to some extent. If she won't do that, it seems like she's being stubborn and not really thinking about the child but having a type of power play :(

Hope your husband can go over court paperwork to find out what it missing- maybe get a free attorney consult to figure out how to proceed next.

Good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">