• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step mother seeking custody after death of Children's father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mary Lantrip

The father had custody of the 2 girls. The step mother and father were in a car wreck and he died. The step mother filed for custody of the girls 11 days after his death. What must I do to get custody of the girls, what does she have to do or prove in order to get custody of the girls. We live in Montgomer County, in Texas. Please help, we go to court on Nov. 30th. She said that all she wants is to have visition rights but that is not what she filed for. The step mother has a 1 year old boy by the girls father. The father recieved custody of the girls because I was out of state and didn't make it to the court hearing. The girls were with my mother at the time of him recieving custody.

C

colson

Thats what happened to a friend of mine. The courts will usually choose the biological parent. The step mom didn't have custody, the father did...but what it boils down to is, what is in the best interest of the child/children, whether you can properly provide for them etc.

My friend got her children, rightfully.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">