• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stepparent rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lovingdadoftwo

What is the name of your state? new york i recieved full custody of my 4 and a half yr old daughter due to the mother's bf's abuse. i got married june 23, and im hoping my wife will be able to eventually adopt her. what rights does she have to my daughter, who calls her mommy? her mother only has supervised visitation at my discretion, and her bf is not allowed contact at all.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? new york i recieved full custody of my 4 and a half yr old daughter due to the mother's bf's abuse. i got married june 23, and im hoping my wife will be able to eventually adopt her. what rights does she have to my daughter, who calls her mommy? her mother only has supervised visitation at my discretion, and her bf is not allowed contact at all.
Not only will your wife have no rights at all, but your wife will not be able to adopt your child without the consent of the child's mother.

You have completely unrealistic expectations of what the future is going to be. Also, judges often frown heavily on teaching a child to call a stepparent (and particularly someone you aren't even married to) mommy or daddy.

Just Blue

Not only will your wife have no rights at all, but your wife will not be able to adopt your child without the consent of the child's mother.

You have completely unrealistic expectations of what the future is going to be. Also, judges often frown heavily on teaching a child to call a stepparent (and particularly someone you aren't even married to) mommy or daddy.
Ldij, This OP is Kelly..;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">