• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stop child support payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dirtyratjim

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? West Virginia
I raised my son the first eleven years of his life, his mother kidnaps him and runs to TN. A judge there grants the kidnapper custody. Can disowning my son stop child support? I mean if Tennessee allows kidnapping as a form of custody, shouldn't the state of Tennessee be paying child support payments?????:confused:

JaneyS4

By disowning I assume you mean terminating your parental rights? If so, the answer is no. Voluntarily terminating your rights does not relieve you of child support in most circumstances.

If you'd like to give some of the details to the kidnapping case of this story, I am sure someone on here would be willing to help you or give you advise if they can. But you'd have to be more detailed about the story.

For instance, did you have court ordered custody of the child when his mother took him?

Did you call the police when you learned she took him?

Have you attempted to see or speak to your child since she took him?

Did you attempt to fight the custody order at the time of the hearing in Tennesse?

Were you even served with papers notifying you of the hearing?

D

dirtyratjim

I had a temporary custody paper issued in Polk County, TN in 1989 when his mother abandoned him and his half-brother David.
I called the police, they were told by my ex's, father that she had custody papers! She kidnapped the boys Feb.27th 1998 and obtained temp. custody papers the 28th! So the law did nothing. After four years I finally got to see my son again. She moved around, county to county, town to town, school to school.
I went to a scheduled hearing in TN in July of the same year and my attorney said that since my sons state of residency was in North Carolina, the court in Benton, TN had no jurisdiction. The judge agreed and since my ex pulled a no-show at the hearing, I was awarded the return of my son. The day I left to pick him up, my attorney called and said the judge rescinded the order, based on heresey testimony by my ex father-in-law ( who is employed by the court as a bailbondsman) and is a bed-buddy to the local judge. When he told the judge that it was his daughters child, he then unethically reversed his once ethical decision.
More on this by request.

JaneyS4

Hmmm, sounds like bad business there. Let me check something out I think I read about time limitations and appealing custody desicions and I'll get back to you.

Also, maybe some of the others on this board will check out the thread now that you told us some of the details and be able to give you some pointers.

D

dirtyratjim

west virginia
What I don't understand is the mothers need for greed. She only took my son to be used as a cash register. I supported him without child support or state agency help. I went from making nearly $30,000 in 1998 to $519.00 in 1999 after the kidnapping and miscarriage of justice. I was hospitalized with a blood clot in my lung, developed from the stress involved and finalized by this unethical judge. I mean if kidnapping is allowed by the state of Tennessee, why isn't the state supporting my son? Why did she take him if she couldn't support him?
Also I was awarded temp. custody of David from Bradley county, with an attached child support order of $35 a week. TN Human Services has denied helping me collect the past due child support of over $8,000 + The court issued the support payment when I informed them of my ex's plan to kidnap the boys in January 1998. This based on the fact that my ex told the judge in Bradley county that I was Davids natural father, which I'm not. The order was wrote based on her lie(s) to the court.
I hope I'm not rambling!:rolleyes:

JaneyS4

jim,

I wish I could help you. I know I read about appealing custody cases based on kidnapping and falsifying testimony (which would be what she did in Tennesse if you had a custody order already) but I can not locate the article now. Maybe IAAL can give you some guidence.

It sounds like you need a really competent lawyer to get the mess sorted out if you want your son back or at least some visitation. I don't think there is any way to stop the child support though.

D

dirtyratjim

Justice = $

WV- The $750 I borrowed to obtain an attorney got me a mal-practicing lawyer. A key witness to the kidnapping wasn't called by my attorney. An appeal only cost more $. Justice can never be served in the United States without a wallet full of endless supplies of cash. An unethical judge ( a friend of the ex's family) made things worse. An attorney from Chicago was willing to help; for $30,000 ! Sadly I was $29,999 short:(

Last edited:

CMSC

Re: Justice = $

dirtyratjim said:
To see and be involved in the (american?) justice system prevents me from honoring, holding an american flag in my hands!! The flag and what it represents is perverted filth!

I would highly suggest that you change your attitude and get rid of these statements! After the hell that some people went through to show others what that flag represents, you are being really degrading. I understand your frustration but alot of people get justice you didn't and it is not America's fault!!!

That flag you talk of has great meaning to people and I really hope that admn. deletes your post because what you said was not degrading or belittleing to someone it was degrading to all americans!!!!!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Re: Justice = $

dirtyratjim said:
To see and be involved in the (american?) justice system prevents me from honoring, holding an american flag in my hands!! The flag and what it represents is perverted filth!
I was all set to start digging to see what I could come up for you with until I read this. How dare you? People have given their lives for you to even have the right to be in a courtroom. Shame on you.

D

dirtyratjim

wv, sorry to offend those with my last reply. I thought wrong (though bitter) that the United States was a Christian nation. But there are those that do idolize a material cloth (called a flag), putting faith in such. Propaganda, and nationalism stem from such teachings. Christians put their faith in GOD.
I too, served in the U.S. Army six years putting my life on the line for what I was taught. I too trusted(?) in the system. So people lost their lives so I could be screwed in court!? Thank you.
Its' a fact, that one of every ten people in prison is innocent and doesn't belong there. So since the (U.S.) system has failed; my only resolve is trusting in GOD. And guess what?, it doesn't cost a red pennie!!!!
For those ignorant of the Bible (odd how they use them in court(s)) see Psalm 146:3., and you'll get my drift.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Thump, thump, thump

Just because we don't spout the Bible at every turn doesn't make us ignorant or non-Christian.

D

dirtyratjim

wv, and you've heard me spout the bible at every turn? One solitary scripture I sited, thats it. With the corruption in our courts, to the innocent that is, the Bible needs to be removed as it has no place in a den of liars, cheats and money greedy people.
Those simply not concerned with truth and honesty for the innocent.

CMSC

WHoa there buddy! Are you saying that because I believe people fought for you to have that flag and to be able to appear in a court of law that I put the flag above God? You had just better quit now before you get me started!

This country is so great that you have the freedom and liberty to leave and move elsewhere if you think things are so screwed up, maybe you should try it!

We realize that you are frustrated but you don't need to slam everyone because they hold the American flag high!

You need to stop complaining about how many ways you have been wronged and look past it as to how many things you can do differently. Start going to the top of the ladder instead of the bottom.

You can leave this whole thing in God's hands but have you ever heard about the man who was mad at God because he never won the lottery? God told him that he alone could not make the man win, the man had to buy a ticket first. There is a moral to this story but I am sure you will find some way to make it sound materlialistic or something!!

N

Niffer67

OK guys....how a flag and patriotism became the main subject when there is a father who has been gypped is a mystery to me.

I, for one, can understand his anger at the American Justice system and do not believe his comments to be anything directed at America as a whole. Besides....it is his God given right to express himself. His AMERICAN right....you know, that which all those people died to make sure we got to have.

Now, back to the issue at hand......

OK Jim....I can honestly say that if you feel you have been shafted by the system in TN....then find out the next rung on the ladder. If I were in your shoes I would be asking questions and writing letters and speaking to the media. Become a squeaky wheel......

Use the system to your advantage.....it IS possible.

Good Luck to you,

Niff

K

KCMR

So basically instead of fighting to get your child back you are in the market to "disown" (as you put it) your child.
What the heck is wrong with you?
And how did the Bible into this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">