• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stupidly Easy Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ColePanell

Hi, I'm in Oklahoma and I'm organizing something with DHS/CPS, I went to Childwelfare.gov and found some information on the policies they have that will be useful very soon, but I want the exact reference they have which is " Ann. Stat. Tit. 10, � 22.1; Tit. 10A, � 1-4-204" How do I read that say over the phone? Is there anywhere I can look up that exact law?

justalayman

Upside down question marks suggests you copied and pasted something.

If so, type it manually so it is readable.

Silverplum

I don't get the intended charm of the thread title.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Oklahoma+Annotated+Statutes

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pronounce+legal+terms+#seen

Last edited:

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Hi, I'm in Oklahoma and I'm organizing something with DHS/CPS, I went to Childwelfare.gov and found some information on the policies they have that will be useful very soon, but I want the exact reference they have which is " Ann. Stat. Tit. 10, � 22.1; Tit. 10A, � 1-4-204" How do I read that say over the phone? Is there anywhere I can look up that exact law?
http://www.okdhs.org/services/ocss/Pages/default.aspx
http://www.oklegislature.gov/osstatuestitle.html
You need an attorney since you could not google these things. :cool:

quincy

Upside down question marks suggests you copied and pasted something.

If so, type it manually so it is readable.
No. It can also mean the poster was trying to make a "section" mark - §

Those sometimes don't post correctly.

justalayman

I said suggest. It is a common thing on a few other sites i frequent

But with that, how to the section mark?

Rwedunyet

So, are you trying to convince CPS to allow you a relative placement instead of foster care?

ColePanell

So, are you trying to convince CPS to allow you a relative placement instead of foster care?
Basically here's a lot of what has happened.

Originally the plan was to file for emancipation as I had my mother, a recorded felon with a history of abuse against my family and substance issues, managed to get custody of me due to my father being temporarily incarcerated. In that time, my living situation devolved exactly to what has become expected, there is a screaming cursing fight multiple times daily and she physically attacks me fairly regularly, not as punishment but in the heat of the moment. As part of her custody order I am to get court ordered therapy (man do i need it), the therapist saw my bruises and cuts, and I told her the truth. Her clinic has a policy of reporting suspected incidences to CPS, in our state, DHS. DHS Launched an investigation and with the help of pressure from some family members who too saw the damage I was taking and the lack of safety in my home, DHS decided they need to take action in a bizarre fashion, staging an "Intervention" with my therapist, three DHS workers, and my parents were they discussed and openly said that it was clear the relationship with my mother was unsafe for either and it was within my better interest to find a way to relocate and be removed from the home, however I expressed that I had family members and relatives who would be open to letting me into their home, my father expressed consent and so did I, but my mother said no off of principle which confused me greatly. They said there was nothing to do even though they literally had said that it was in my better interest to relocate, and now that I have the actual law here in front of me, none of this was followed. There was NO "thorough investigation of relatives" and at no point was it decided if my mother's opinion was "appropriate" or not. Instead the DHS worker, one of them said that my options that they could provide us with were either I stay at home which had already been deemed abusive and unsafe, or volunteer myself to a specific correctional academy (which also isn't mentioned in the law, I'm not a delinquent, I have no behavioral issues, mental health issues or criminal records) . I have until Friday to decide and basically my goal is to contact whoever is the supervisor of the specific workers are, and maybe even the workers themselves with knowledge of the law

and for the attorney backstory, I DID in fact have an attorney, albeit not the best one can afford, but her office resided in Tahlequah Oklahoma, specifically the Illinois River which flooded massively and among other things, wrecked her office as I have no legal representation at the moment, and very obviously based off of my inability to google basic information like this, makes me a little nervous. This whole past 2 months has been a complete downhill ride, but I'm trying to get through it and I have a feeling I'm on the right side of the law here. Or not, what do I know at this point?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">