• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subpoena

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Partiechck

I have NEVER used that name but yes it is my boyfriends last name...funny thing is when I called the law office that sent the subpoena she said well didn't you take your husbands last name? I said I'm not married. She said that his ex told her we were....so that's a mistake on their end! It's not my name!

CdwJava

I strongly suspect that at some point you had identified yourself by your boyfriend's last name. Ihave seen it happen many, many, MANY times with GFs holding themselves out as married and using their BF's last name.

If you fail to appear for the subpoena, it might be possible that the court could order your arrest. yeah,you might be able to sort it out later, but, you'd still have some time in the pokey.

It might simply be best to appear in court and tell the truth rather than try to get cute and dodge the appearance.

Silverplum

I have NEVER used that name but yes it is my boyfriends last name...funny thing is when I called the law office that sent the subpoena she said well didn't you take your husbands last name? I said I'm not married. She said that his ex told her we were....so that's a mistake on their end! It's not my name!
Well, then.

:)rolleyes:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">