• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suicide Attempt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

krazy_boi

NEW MEXICO

Alright, a relative of mine tried to commit suicide and was taken to the hospital. Apparently, the state has now taken custody of him. My question is: Can the state take custody?

rmet4nzkx

NEW MEXICO

Alright, a relative of mine tried to commit suicide and was taken to the hospital. Apparently, the state has now taken custody of him. My question is: Can the state take custody?
Are they a minor or an adult or do you mean guardianship? Essentially the answer is yes, if they are at risk of being a harm to them-self then the State can step in and also a court may rule in order to protect their welfare.

casa

NEW MEXICO

When someone is a danger to themselves or others, they can be placed on a 5150 hold in order to be evaluated by Mental Health Professionals. Right now the focus should be your friend getting help- which is what can happen now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">