• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Summer Parenting Time vs. School Parenting Time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BobbiRG

I live in CO, however my divorce/parenting time schedule was done in TX. I am searching for a standard that states that summer parenting time is separate from the school season. My ex has forfeited his 30 days summer parenting time but believes that he still gets every other weekend through the summer. If this is true than I have no extended summer parenting time. Please help with this situation!

M

morning_angel

Can you please clarify? Are you saying that because you want <B><I>more</B></I> than <b>all week plus alternate weekends</b>, that your children's father shouldn't be allowed to continue with the court ordered visitation that is established to allow him to see his children every other weekend? :eek: That amounts to you having approximately 70 summer days with your children, to his 20 (give or take) and that certainly seems like "extended summer parenting time". Does your divorce decree state that he must forfeit all his summer time with the children to you, if it is your desire? Depending upon the wording of your visitation agreement, even if he had taken the 30 days of summer vacation, which offered to him because you <i>already have</i> extended parenting time with the children by having them all week, he most likely would have been able to have his alternate weekends during the remainder of the summer. Good Luck!

G

Grandma B

I have to agree w/Morning Angel

I can't imagine your agreement states that his ONLY summer visitation is the 30-day period. You aren't losing anything and will, in fact, have your children most of the 30-day time that he would have had them. Think about it--sometimes we understandably let our feelings get in the way of common sense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">