• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

summer visitation vs school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SRH

You don't even know whether or not the father plans to get him to school. If you wanted to be proactive, you would have considered doing something about the plan when the school calendar was published, not halfway through the summer.

Correct I don't know. That's part of my question is IF he does not. When court was finalized our attorneys revised it with current.school calender to award him extra holidays that school dismissed for. You'd think the attorneys would of caught it?? But I have spoke with my lawyer and she verified it's a contempt.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
That isn't my issue. It's my child missing.school after several years of failing and horrible grades and summer.school.
Well, it should have been when you filed for change of custody. Yes, really. You should have looked at when school in your district typically ends and starts back up in suggesting a parenting plan. I know our school calendar for the following year is typically released in January/February. That would have been the time to modify the schedule/wording for summer parenting time. Dad may/may not have a plan for getting kiddo to school.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Do notifications to dad with certified letter, return receipt requested. Include in there a copy of the school schedule. Include in it your proposal for dad to get the child a week early so that the child won't miss the start of school. Be proactive now. Be prepared to file with the courts if dad doesn't get child to school that first week.

Eekamouse

What are you doing to get your child on track with school? Are you actively involved with his schooling? As in, sitting down with him each night and seeing what homework he has and making sure he completes assignments? Keeping in regular contact with his teacher to make sure you are aware of the lesson plans and what your child's progress and participation is in class? It's your responsibility to instill in your child the value of an education because that is what will be a big part of how well he succeeds as an adult.

SRH

What are you doing to get your child on track with school? Are you actively involved with his schooling? As in, sitting down with him each night and seeing what homework he has and making sure he completes assignments? Keeping in regular contact with his teacher to make sure you are aware of the lesson plans and what your child's progress and participation is in class? It's your responsibility to instill in your child the value of an education because that is what will be a big part of how well he succeeds as an adult.
Yes absolutely. We text call and email each teacher and I have all the documents to prove it along with, is grades. Living with his dad he failed a grade and so much summer school every year. I've also text him about the schedule of next school year and he verified with our child's school when it started. So he is aware and set several texts being very unwilling and is refusing. I have him notice back in March or beginning of April when I found out about when school would start. So I have all my proof. I haven't sent a certified letter proposing the change but that is a great idea. I'll just send it straight to his home a dress after I make a copy. It shouldn't come to this. The child's education is first and foremost most important.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">