• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Summertime parenting time and employment and another question about summertime.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Proserpina

Did somebody forget to leave the "I won't give the seniors a hard time for not telling me what I want to hear" candies out again?

I'm going to make a bold prediction.

I promise you Mom AND Dad are going to be sharing the "Yeah... you guys really didn't think this out... " corner. He's going to overlook much of the good stuff. He's going to focus on what his parents did in his best interest. And he's going to hold you both to the same standards (or lack thereof).

Please realize that the one week she is agreeing to WILL NOT include him working during that week. He will have to take the week off from both of his jobs. Do not attempt to be unreasonable about that.
That's completely understandable, and accepted. During the conversation tonight, we will be discussing which week works out for both he and his mom. As far as I'm concerned, she can have any week she wants...so long as he agrees to the week as well and it doesn't cause him to lose his job(s). He knows that if an agreement isn't met, that he'll be going back and forth and on the road every weekend. He know he doesn't want that.

Did somebody forget to leave the "I won't give the seniors a hard time for not telling me what I want to hear" candies out again?

I'm going to make a bold prediction.

I promise you Mom AND Dad are going to be sharing the "Yeah... you guys really didn't think this out... " corner. He's going to overlook much of the good stuff. He's going to focus on what his parents did in his best interest. And he's going to hold you both to the same standards (or lack thereof).
Did somebody forget how to respond without sarcasm?

As for your prediction...I've made many predictions in life that have been wrong, too. You're not alone in being wrong.

Proserpina

Did somebody forget how to respond without sarcasm?

As for your prediction...I've made many predictions in life that have been wrong, too. You're not alone in being wrong.

I don't think there is one poster who has never been wrong (well...there was one person, but he appears to be suffering - still - from a rather embarrassing case of "la la I can't hear you"). It's our tattoo, if you will. We get stuff wrong once in awhile.

But then again, we're not your child's parents. We won't have to deal with the fallout.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I would not be shocked to hear that Mom meant she would be fine with a week at a time (i.e. every other week) instead of five weeks as a block. NOT the total of one week over the summer OP thinks she meant.

What time should I have popcorn ready?

I'm glad you are working towards a resolution! Keep minds and hearts open in this process! I agree with you sometimes people on here play devils advocates and make us think and some times it's a big ouch when they don't get the whole picture but I do also like the honesty helps you think through all aspects of a situation. Just wish at times they could be a little more compassionate about how they do it. All situations are not cut and dry and lots of emotions are involved weather we like to admit it or not. Bottom line is we are all human and want what we feel is best for our children.

I would not be shocked to hear that Mom meant she would be fine with a week at a time (i.e. every other week) instead of five weeks as a block. NOT the total of one week over the summer OP thinks she meant.

I hope you can hold that popcorn for another post filled with drama...this story is about over.

After the video conference, she emailed a scanned letter she wrote out, stating that she'll be fine with one week, and named the dates. She said in the letter that she understood how important employment was to our son, and that she would try to find the time to come up and see him on his days off. She signed it and I printed it out. I know the letter doesn't replace a court order, but this will provide a bit of protection should she decide to change her mind. Our son was happy with the outcome, and he is walking taller now than he was prior to the phone call. Also, I gave her spring break this year as part of the arrangement.

Again...thanks to those that helped.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I hope you can hold that popcorn for another post filled with drama...this story is about over.

After the video conference, she emailed a scanned letter she wrote out, stating that she'll be fine with one week, and named the dates. She said in the letter that she understood how important employment was to our son, and that she would try to find the time to come up and see him on his days off. She signed it and I printed it out. I know the letter doesn't replace a court order, but this will provide a bit of protection should she decide to change her mind. Our son was happy with the outcome, and he is walking taller now than he was prior to the phone call. Also, I gave her spring break this year as part of the arrangement.

Again...thanks to those that helped.
I hope he thanked his mother.

Proserpina

Looks like you were far too late with that popcorn...

I am so glad you guys could work this out :) Hopefully this will help your son become closer to his mom and will help him communicate with each other between visits as every one respected everyone's feelings ect. Hopefully if he gets some time off he will want to make arangements to see her extra.;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">