• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Summons to Court, Visitation Violation. Please Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

miiszchelly

What is the name of your state? VA

Court is soon so I need answers fast. I recieved a Summons in Woodbridge, VA and am being accused of a Visitation Violation. I have a court date and I just want to know if this is for an arraignment or would I have to present my case on the court date.

momofrose

What is the name of your state? VA

Court is soon so I need answers fast. I recieved a Summons in Woodbridge, VA and am being accused of a Visitation Violation. I have a court date and I just want to know if this is for an arraignment or would I have to present my case on the court date.
If I am not mistaken an arraignment is for criminal charges and your's is a family court matter. - You have to present your case on that date.

D

GrowUp!

Well we can't tell you since we don't have the order to appear...so what exactly does it say?
I am going to bet that is the day you will be defending yourself against CRIMINAL charges, which is what a violation of a court order is.

BL

Well we can't tell you since we don't have the order to appear...so what exactly does it say?
I am going to bet that is the day you will be defending yourself against CRIMINAL charges, which is what a violation of a court order is.
Yes we need to know what the allegations are of the violation(s) , and what the orders State .

Violations of court orders can include both civil and/or criminal contempt , depending on the violation .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">