• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Supervised Visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TinkerBelleLuvr

drug addicts are narcissitic a*****es who can't see past their own nose to see good in others. Quit beating yourself up about it. Your X's family are enablers; they have to blame someone since they can't blame themselves over their failure with their child.

You can't make your X grow up and be responsible. You can only lookout for yourself and your children. Teach your children about drugs so that this won't happen to them.

Take the time to love yourself.

Mandrmedrano

youre funny. its crazy how you dont have to know an addict to know them all. Its scary actually. all you said is right on. Ive learned that in my journey. Its sad but they are all the same... :( Thank you.. very much.. you have helped.. in many ways. just even a reassuring post... im going to continue to follow our court order as i have. If and when he decides to request a modification, i will deal with it then. Until then, it is what it is... signed sealed and delivered. Hopefully my daughter wont get caught in their web. I do all i can to be a strong backbone for my girls... Thank you :)

TinkerBelleLuvr

If you daughter comes to you with tales of how bad and mean you are with the visits being supervised, just smile sweetly and tell him how the big ol' mean judge is making YOU follow HIS rules.

It's not a bad thing for kids to learn that even adults have to follow the law.

Mandrmedrano

actually she's still young.. 7 years old.. and she loves it as it is, because its with her grandma. my daughter and her grandma (his enabling mom) are very close. So its a very sick twisted story as you probably know.. but grandma will make me feel horrible for doing this to her son, but at the same time not push him to test because she gets to have her grandbaby and her only child every other weekend! Thats her heaven! Regardless, right now.. i know its good for my daughter.... in that she gets to be a apart of his family still. Even when he was locked up, my daughter still went over there for a sleepover 2 fridays a month. My daughter doesnt even sleep with daddy when they are together.. she sleeps with grandma. (she's a baby.. she still sleeps with me at home...:eek: ) She enjoys her dad.. but her relationship is with her grandma and is the main reason she enjoys going over there. i dont mean that bad.. but he has been gone for so long that thats just how it is.. and as you know addicts are so selfish.. that its not about my daughter when they are together... its still all about him. Thats no fun for a 7 year old. :(

anytime it does get brought up though.. that is what i say.. i simply tell her that we have to do what the judge tells us. she understands and doesnt question it at all. so i guess i'm sayin the right thing. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">