• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Supervised visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dolfan82

Hello, I was recently ordered to have supervised visitations with my son twice a month to start off. What should I expect out of these visits? We're going to be supervised by a counselor from this center for neglected kids.

mistoffolees

Please keep this with your other thread. It's very difficult to follow when people start new threads every time they have a question. Delete or close this thread and add your question to the other thread.

And be sure to ask a specific question. "What is going to happen" is far to general. Ideally, you're going to spend time with your child. What else do you need to know?

dolfan82

So child support and child custody are in the same category? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having different categories under Family Law and asking a question of Child Custody under Alimony, for example.

I'm up for spending as much time with my son. What should I expect on the logistics of supervised visitations. Am I going to be micro-managed by the person supervising us, everytime we have a session?

CourtClerk

So child support and child custody are in the same category? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having different categories under Family Law and asking a question of Child Custody under Alimony, for example.

I'm up for spending as much time with my son. What should I expect on the logistics of supervised visitations. Am I going to be micro-managed by the person supervising us, everytime we have a session?
What did the supervisor say when you called them up and asked them these questions??????

st-kitts

Have you contacted the supervised visitation center? Many require an orientation session as a prerequisite to using their facility. If your facility does not require such an intake session, I would suggest you request it.

There are generally different levels of supervision for different type of cases/scenarios. No one can tell you how much oversight the counselor or monitor will provide. It could be as much as someone sitting with you and listening to each word you say to your children or as little as someone sticking their head in every (specified) number of minutes. Some centers offer on-site and off-site supervision, others offer therapeutic supervision, some offer supervised telephone monitoring...

dolfan82

I did call them (Casa de los Niños, in Tucson) the first and only session will be a therapeutic. Then were schedule once every other week for supervised ones. Any tips on how to behave (to their standards) to make sure I pass. I know how to parent kids, since I consider my nephews and my niece as mine. I always care for them, educate them, and show them good.

CourtClerk

I did call them (Casa de los Niños, in Tucson) the first and only session will be a therapeutic. Then were schedule once every other week for supervised ones. Any tips on how to behave (to their standards) to make sure I pass. I know how to parent kids, since I consider my nephews and my niece as mine. I always care for them, educate them, and show them good.
You behave the way you would normally behave. If it's an issue, they'll alert the courts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">