• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

supervised visitation and harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tamiacat

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

My ex and I have a supervised/safety-focused parenting plan that was filed with the court in Palm Beach county in June 2013. My ex is permitted supervised visitation with our 5 year old autistic daughter on Thursday afternoons and most of the day Sunday. He is an alcoholic and has tried to commit suicide at least two times. Since the plan was filed, he has never seen her on a Thursday and rarely sees her on Sundays. He refuses to contact any of the supervisors in the plan and wants me to supervise his visits or allow him to be with her unsupervised. I tried acting as a supervisor but he would berate me in front of our daughter and tell her that "Mommy hates Daddy" and that it is "Mommy's fault" that he can't see her all the time. Each day, I receive 20-30 texts from him stating that I am a horrible, selfish and controlling person and I have brainwashed our daughter into hating him. In reality, I would love for him to spend time with her and have the free time for myself, but I have no proof that he has made any changes in his life since June 2013 and I do not trust him to be alone with her. I have hundreds of pages of text messages where he accuses me of horrible acts including hitting our daughter, leaving her home alone and "dumping" her with friends so I can go out. His child support is always late and he spends 3 or 4 days telling me that I won't get a dime until I change the parenting plan and refuses to mail the check, instead insisting on dropping it in my mailbox. He does not pay support through the state of Florida because he has said (and I have it documented), that if he is required to do so, he will quit his job so his wages cannot be garnished. Is there anything I can do to stop the harassment? I know he can go to court to change the parenting plan but he finds it easier to harass me so I will give in. Even if he went to court, I am not certain that the judge would change the order because of his history. How do I stop him from telling my daughter that it is my fault that he can't see her and how do I get him to stop harassing me?

Thanks.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

My ex and I have a supervised/safety-focused parenting plan that was filed with the court in Palm Beach county in June 2013. My ex is permitted supervised visitation with our 5 year old autistic daughter on Thursday afternoons and most of the day Sunday. He is an alcoholic and has tried to commit suicide at least two times. Since the plan was filed, he has never seen her on a Thursday and rarely sees her on Sundays. He refuses to contact any of the supervisors in the plan and wants me to supervise his visits or allow him to be with her unsupervised. I tried acting as a supervisor but he would berate me in front of our daughter and tell her that "Mommy hates Daddy" and that it is "Mommy's fault" that he can't see her all the time. Each day, I receive 20-30 texts from him stating that I am a horrible, selfish and controlling person and I have brainwashed our daughter into hating him. In reality, I would love for him to spend time with her and have the free time for myself, but I have no proof that he has made any changes in his life since June 2013 and I do not trust him to be alone with her. I have hundreds of pages of text messages where he accuses me of horrible acts including hitting our daughter, leaving her home alone and "dumping" her with friends so I can go out. His child support is always late and he spends 3 or 4 days telling me that I won't get a dime until I change the parenting plan and refuses to mail the check, instead insisting on dropping it in my mailbox. He does not pay support through the state of Florida because he has said (and I have it documented), that if he is required to do so, he will quit his job so his wages cannot be garnished. Is there anything I can do to stop the harassment? I know he can go to court to change the parenting plan but he finds it easier to harass me so I will give in. Even if he went to court, I am not certain that the judge would change the order because of his history. How do I stop him from telling my daughter that it is my fault that he can't see her and how do I get him to stop harassing me?

Thanks.
Who are the court appointed supervisors

Tamiacat

His sister and brother are listed. They live about 3 hours away. One of our daughter's therapists, our daughter's former daycare provider and a cousin are also listed. The final statement is "others selected by both Parties from time to time"

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
First of all, ignore him. Seriously. You don't have to let him have room in your head. There is a court order. Second, go to court for a child support order. If he quits his job, you at least have an enforceable order that can be collected at any point forward. Get one.

But don't allow him control. He doesn't deserve it.

Tamiacat

I have a child support order - he is to pay $xx a month, 1/2 payable on the 15th and 1/2 on the 30th of each month. He is also required to pay 37% of out of pocket medical expenses.

Am I required to have an attorney if I file for non-payment of support? I know it is to my advantage to have an attorney but I am still paying him for the paternity/custody case and cannot afford any additional expenses.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I have a child support order - he is to pay $xx a month, 1/2 payable on the 15th and 1/2 on the 30th of each month. He is also required to pay 37% of out of pocket medical expenses.

Am I required to have an attorney if I file for non-payment of support? I know it is to my advantage to have an attorney but I am still paying him for the paternity/custody case and cannot afford any additional expenses.
You are not REQUIRED to have an attorney. Have you attempted to contact CSEA regarding garnishment? If not, do so and see what they say.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">