• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Supervised Visitation - Six years later... Now he wants it?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

krismy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas

I have full-custody of my daughter. A court order was filed in 2003 stating:

2. The Defendant, [name], shall have visitation with the minor child supervised by his mother.

3. All visitation which the Defendant has with the minor child shall be under the supervision of [name].

4. Beginning immediately and for a period of three months the Defendant shall have visitation with the minor at the Third Party Defendant's residence; said visitation to be every other Saturday beginning and ending at a reasonable time.

5. At the end of three months the Defendant shall have visitation with the minor child every other weekend with visitation beginning at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday and ending at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday.

6. That the Defendant shall have visitation with the minor child for one-half of the Christmas break, to be determined by the schedule of the [name]. The parties shall alternate Christmas day.

7. Beginning in the summer of 2004 and continuing each summer thereafter, the Defendant shall have summer visitation with the minor child for the first week in June, the first week in July, and the first week in August.

My daughter's father's supervised visitation is due to drug use.

My daughter's father and his mother initially arranged and came to a few visitations at my home after this order was filed, but gradually stopped within a few months.

My daughter's father sent an email to me today demanding that he take her on a ten day trip (out of our state) and that it is his right to do so.

Also, I also have an email from him from two months ago in which he states that he has tried to commit suicide.

Can I legally deny him the trip with her? He has had little to no contact with her over the past six years. And I do not feel the least bit comfortable with the idea of it.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You need to file an order to suspend visitation due to the fact that he has not had contact in several years and has had issues.

Why did his mother have to supervise at YOUR house? The order doesn't state that. The child could have been at his house or his mother's house among other places so long as his mother supervised.

File the motion to suspend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">