• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Supervised Visitation vs Unsupervised Visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

divorcebound

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

My soon to be exhusband is a drug abuser. He got shot 2 days after christmas in 2002 for having an affair with his best friends wife. This occured in front of our 3 month old daughter and 5 year old son. The woman and him were into crack cocaine pretty heavy. Last summer, he overdosed on Muscle Relaxers in our bathroom and has taken me and my two kids to drug dealers house's to purchase pain pills while we sat in the car. He has had supervised visitation Since November last year and we go to court next Monday on the divorce and (he is hoping) to get unsupervised visitation. How likely is this to happen with the visitation? He was to submit to a drug test in November the first time we went to court and failed to do so. He hired an attorney, in November when all this came about, but since then has wrecked his truck from being wiped out on pills and stolen my nerve pills. Does he stand a chance for unsupervised visitation?

tigger22472

Odds are that since he didn't comply with the court order the last time and if you can prove there has been incidences since the last court date that he will continue to get supervised visitation. However, no one here can tell you FOR sure what that judge is going to do. I have seen it a lot of times where the person goes to court and flat out lies and the court buys it so you need to make sure your proof is solid.

tcpmp

I think you and everyone reading this post knows the answer to this question. It will definitely affect the outcome especially if crimes or drug abuse were performed in the childs presence. The only problem would be if he denies it and there is no proof of his illegal actions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">