• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

supervised visits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smooches92345

What is the name of your state? California
I have a question. My ex has been granted 2 visits a month in conjunction with a mental health professional. He has decided that he does not want this and wants to sign off his parental rights. I have no problem with this but my concern is that if something happens to me do my children go to live with him?? Or can they go to a relative?? He has abused my youngest son in the past. My concern is for their well being and mine. I do have a fmily law restraining order against him for threats he has made against me.

rmet4nzkx

smooches92345 said:
What is the name of your state? California
I have a question. My ex has been granted 2 visits a month in conjunction with a mental health professional. He has decided that he does not want this and wants to sign off his parental rights. I have no problem with this but my concern is that if something happens to me do my children go to live with him?? Or can they go to a relative?? He has abused my youngest son in the past. My concern is for their well being and mine. I do have a fmily law restraining order against him for threats he has made against me.
And who is gpoing to adopt your children and take over their child support?
If your ex doens't want to exercise his supervised visitation he doesn't have to. Terminating parental rights to avoid child support or other court orders doesn't work. Since there is a documented abuse case, I suggest you petition the court with a proposed guardianship should you die or become impaired, so that your wishes can be carried out in a timely manner. Also important to make sure that the R/O is on file so that should somthing happen custody isn't transferred by default.

smooches92345

I am getting married next year and my boyfriend wants to adopt my boys after we get married. In fact my boys consider him their dad now. My ex does not pay his child support. I am lucky to get a payment once a year. To me it would be a closing of a very long court battle and something I can finally put in the past and all of us be able to move on and start anew.

rmet4nzkx

Then take him to court for contempt for not payng the child support and go through CSE to get it enforced. Next year after you are married, then consider TPR and adoption, right now it is to manipulate the system and avoid child support, he has your number and it is another form of abuse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">