• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Support - sliding scale possible?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

blueeyes14424

What is the name of your state? NY

My ex-husband refuses to pay the 50% of daycare and medical bills as outlined in our divorce papers and is over $1,000 behind. He is not ordered to pay child support (I was foolish in our divorce and agreed to that due to his income). However, he has already requested a hearing once and the judge told him for the 2nd time that he has to pay 50% because that is what he agreed to in the divorce. I violated him for non-payment and we go to court tuesday. He filed a petition as well stating that since I make more than him, (he only collects SSD), that he should be allowed to have his portion based on his income instead of 50%. I don't think the judge were change her ruling, especially since he already addressed this in the hearing months ago and she agreed with me not him. But I want a little reassurance I guess that the judge won't allow this. He only supports himself, I have three children I am raising on my own. He refused work that he could have done at home and has quiet a few assets - I have nothing. Please give me any insight.... thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">