• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Surrendering parental rights in Colorado

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lilsweetpea

We live in Colorado and my husbands ex wife moved out of state with his two kids. He pays child support, but doesn't have any contact with them. Every time he has tried his ex wife puts him down, and tells him he will never get to see his kids again. She now wants him to terminate his parental rights, she would then be the sole caregiver for them. He loves his kids very much, but she has made it impossible to see or talk to the kids and the courts tell him that she can do what ever she wants. Is he able to surrender his rights to her without someone willing to step in and become a step parent? I should say that he hasn't seen his kids in almost 4 years. Any advice would be great.

Isis1

We live in Colorado and my husbands ex wife moved out of state with his two kids. He pays child support, but doesn't have any contact with them. Every time he has tried his ex wife puts him down, and tells him he will never get to see his kids again. She now wants him to terminate his parental rights, she would then be the sole caregiver for them. He loves his kids very much, but she has made it impossible to see or talk to the kids and the courts tell him that she can do what ever she wants. Is he able to surrender his rights to her without someone willing to step in and become a step parent? I should say that he hasn't seen his kids in almost 4 years. Any advice would be great.
dad will pay child support. whether he chooses to see the children or not.

Proserpina

Dad loves his kids, right? Why hasn't he filed for visitation and/or custody?

Where has he been these last four years?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">