• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

taking away parental rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chiqu1977

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?illinois

I had to get a protective order for me and my daughter against her father the protective order is good for two years.he was threating to kill her and me anddoing drugs in my daughters present.he never helped me with herfinacially
he never even wanted to work.im looking to take away his parental right but
dont know how to go about doing it.im married now to a guy who has been
in my daughters life since she was 5 months old hes looking to adopt her some day he treats her like she is his own.how would i go about terminating
my daughters biological fathers rights?

brisgirl825

chiqu1977 said:
my daughters biological father has never sent her any support.he has not had contact with her since she was 5 months she is 13 months now i just recently got married.my daughters bio father never wanted her so he dont even try to see her.
chiqu1977
Was paternity established? Is there an order for support and/or visitation?

chiqu1977

no paternity was never established and he cannot see her due to the protective order which is good till 2007. he does not have to pay child support because paternity was never established. the judge told him to get a dna test to prove paternity but he never did

brisgirl825

I'd consult a local atty. Most give free or low cost initial consultations. Your state provides failure to establish paternity as a grounds for TPR. You will need to make sure that your situation would qualify to TPR on that basis.

GL.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">