• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

taking child out of town

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aliyah's mom

What is the name of your state? Florida

This is twice now (that I know of) that my ex has taken our child out of town for the weekend without leaving a telephone number or address of where they are going. I have been trying to call for the last two days because I need to change the time that I am supposed to pick her up Sunday. They have no answering machine. I finally called his mother this morning. She says they went out of town for the weekend, but she "doesn't know" how to reach them.

It does not specifically say in our agreement that he has to give me a number or anything, but I think it is a common courtesy. He would have a fit if I did the same thing. The papers do say that we are to have reasonable telephone access when she is at the others house.

How should I handle this?

R

Rldunc

Aliyah's mom said>>It does not specifically say in our agreement that he has to give me a number or anything, <<

That's the problem right there. You can only ask him to be more considerate, you can't make him. If you are back in court for something else, ask for this.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I think you should consider getting it put in the order that there be an emergency contact number that each of you provides. I had a similar situation last w/e, although my ex was home refusing to answer his phone. A letter from my lawyer to his stating law enforcement would be called if I couldn't speak with the kids took care of the problem - and will be further addressed in court next week.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">