• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tax deduction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

larsandb

What is the name of your state? this is in minnesota
I have in my devorce decree that i get to claim one child for tax perposes, i have 2 children with my x wife. I was current on my support as of the first of the year, and in febuary my x wife files a motion to modify. Does the judge have the right to take away my deduction for 2003, even though my x wife filed her motion after the first of the year?If not, is there any law document i can referr to to dispute it?

L

Lil Miss Smarty Panties

What is her reason for trying to modify the order?

L

larsandb

when the cort order was decided, was in 1991, i made 7.25 per hr.now i make 13 per hour. I also have had 5 more children since then.the money they have added to my child support is going to bankrupt me. My children at home wear second hand clothes, we live pretty meager the way it is. now they are going to take 40$ a week more from my pay, plus the took the tax deduction from me.Im so upset , and i dont have any idea what i can do

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">