• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Teen wants to live with Grandfather

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SnowAngel88

Manipulation is the name of the game!

Maybe I could get somewhere with him if my ex's mother hadn't taught him that if I ever lay a hand on him to tell his teachers at school how much I beat him. (I DON'T)!!! Not that I would punch or slap any child, but a good butt-busting sure would help. I think he is bi-polar like his father. The mood swings are severe. I am not letting him have tantrums. But he loves to cause conflicts with anyone!

casa

Sounds like you got rational legal advice from several senior members here.

Now for the "Mom" advice :rolleyes: If you really think your child is possibly bi-polar, why have you not taken him to a therapist or doctor?? That is irresponsible parenting IMO. There are medications for that condition which could greatly relieve the major symptoms.

If the son is not bi-polar, have you considered inpatient or outpatient adolescent units? I used to work in one and they can be very beneficial for bringing family together with a troubled teen- Not to mention teaching the teen social and living skills aside from temper tantrums.

I agree to letting son visit his Grandpa, but I also doubt whether a grieving senior is the best guardian for a rebellious teen! :eek: So much can go wrong there and Grandpa is probably not in a position to exert much control over the son, should the need arise.

Get your son evaluated by a mental health professional #1. Get into some type of family counseling #2.

Good luck to you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">