• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Temporary custody to non family member in KY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lareina1982

What is the name of your state (kentucky)?
I have a so so friend who had a baby boy on Sept of 2007 she brought him to me from the day he got out of the hospital and i have tooken care of him ever since. I have went threw alot with this woman, I have called cps numeral times as well has family but they only have required for her to be in parenting classes which almost two years and she still hasnt gotten it isnt going to get it. I might add she has a 6 and 8 year old who were taken from her in a different county. She has done nothing for this child she receves a check and food stamp on this child and he gets nothing from it nor do I for taking care of him which is not my point could care less. I love him, i am the one who got up every hour or more at nights i am the one who taught him how to set up, crawl walk, i am the one who reads him his books and gets him to talk. Maybe once a week she might see him, more than once she has went almost 3months or even more with out seeing him. (currently I have had him since april and it is now may 19 and she has only seen him once and for about 30 mins or less on may 4th) When she does come around he doesnt want nothing to do with her and treats her like if she was a stranger that she is to him. She will force him in her arms so that she can hold him or she will bribe him etc. And on and on. Once he was a baby she even tried to smother him cause he wouldnt stop crying and cps was even called then by her mom who passed away shortly after he was born. She lives with her dad which there relationship is more of a husband and wife rather than father and daughter, also her abusive boyfriend who she is currently pregnant by who has hit her while being pregnant and who she has gotten pregnant by several times, i even have her taped saying how she had gotten pregnant by him and no longer wanted to be pregnant so she hit her self and took pills while he watched just so she would have a miscarage this was even told to the cps and still nothing! I recently may-09 i got mother to sign a temporary custody form for me i am not related to this child but do have her familys support and want to know what i can do to get full custody/adobt of this child what is my next step and anything that i need to do?What is the name of your state (Kentucky)?

Last edited:

lareina1982

Response

The mother of the child does not know who the father is she has already tested 3 men and of these 3 men none of them was the father. So when I go to court to legalize the temporary custody do i need a lawyer for that, and if possiable what happeneds after that or during that? And thanks!!!!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The mother of the child does not know who the father is she has already tested 3 men and of these 3 men none of them was the father. So when I go to court to legalize the temporary custody do i need a lawyer for that, and if possiable what happeneds after that or during that? And thanks!!!!
Father needs served. Which means you need an attorney to make sure that service is perfected even if you do not know who daddy is.

lareina1982

response

Father needs served. Which means you need an attorney to make sure that service is perfected even if you do not know who daddy is.

There is no way to find out who his real father is since she does not know at the time she conceved him she was with multipal men and even one night stands with men she can no longer remember there names. She is a bar hopper. She is even pregnant now and she isnt 100% sure if the baby she is caring is her current boyfriends baby!

I just want to do what I got to do to get the judge or someone to relize what she isnt doing! She had her other two kids taken away for this same reason well her oldest son he was taken away before he turned two and as soon as she delievered her daughter she was served papers stating that she too was going to be taken away, but this happened in a different county!
I was told to go take fostor care classed which i went to a 2hr information meeting but the class it self doesnt start untill july! Like i stated before i have notarized statments from family who also said that they will be behind 100% does that not matter? If I couldnt get him and he could go with family I would be statisfied not totally 100% but as long as she cant keep doing this to him. He is helpless he cant say what she is doing or how he feels arent we suppose to be the voice for our kids? Arent we suppose to pertect them. Sorry but I am kinda upset how this is going what she is doing and what the CPS isnt doing for him!!!! I just dont know what else I can do.... sorry
Also to add that it is now the 25th of may and she hasnt seen him since the 4th for less than 30 mins! she hasnt even called in 5 days!!!!

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
There is no way to find out who his real father is since she does not know at the time she conceved him she was with multipal men and even one night stands with men she can no longer remember there names. She is a bar hopper. She is even pregnant now and she isnt 100% sure if the baby she is caring is her current boyfriends baby!
AND? There is still a method of perfecting service when daddy is John Doe.

I just want to do what I got to do to get the judge or someone to relize what she isnt doing!
Quite frankly you cannot do anything. YOU are not a party to the case.

She had her other two kids taken away for this same reason well her oldest son he was taken away before he turned two and as soon as she delievered her daughter she was served papers stating that she too was going to be taken away, but this happened in a different county!
Okay.

I was told to go take fostor care classed which i went to a 2hr information meeting but the class it self doesnt start untill july! Like i stated before i have notarized statments from family who also said that they will be behind 100% does that not matter?
No it does not matter.

If I couldnt get him and he could go with family I would be statisfied not totally 100% but as long as she cant keep doing this to him. He is helpless he cant say what she is doing or how he feels arent we suppose to be the voice for our kids? Arent we suppose to pertect them. Sorry but I am kinda upset how this is going what she is doing and what the CPS isnt doing for him!!!! I just dont know what else I can do.... sorry
You called CPS and that is basically all you can do if they are involved in the case. Become a foster parent and you might be able to foster other children but YOU will NOT have a say so in any case as to whether the children are returned or not.

lareina1982

AND? There is still a method of perfecting service when daddy is John Doe.

Quite frankly you cannot do anything. YOU are not a party to the case.

Okay.

No it does not matter.

You called CPS and that is basically all you can do if they are involved in the case. Become a foster parent and you might be able to foster other children but YOU will NOT have a say so in any case as to whether the children are returned or not.

Okay thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">