• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminating fathers rights in oregon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Clynnd18

Question

My daughter is now 5 and hasn't seen or had any contact with her bio father. He went to prison when she was 3 months old in 2012 and was released in 2015 and from my understanding has left the state and ran on parole. Any time I've tried contacting him via social media he and his family blocks me. My question is how would I go about having his rights terminated in the state of Oregon for abandonment?

eerelations

If you marry someone and that person is willing to adopt your child, then you petition for this in the courts. If biodad agrees to allow your spouse to adopt his child, then it will go through. The moment your spouse is granted the right to adopt your child is the moment biodad's parental rights are terminated.

I believe this is pretty much the only way you can do this (although if I'm wrong I'm certain someone will jump in and correct me.)

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
If you marry someone and that person is willing to adopt your child, then you petition for this in the courts. If biodad agrees to allow your spouse to adopt his child, then it will go through. The moment your spouse is granted the right to adopt your child is the moment biodad's parental rights are terminated.

I believe this is pretty much the only way you can do this (although if I'm wrong I'm certain someone will jump in and correct me.)
No correction necessary for OP's state :)

(though - and this is perhaps picky - the reverse happens ... Dad's rights are terminated, then the adoption is granted ;) )

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">