• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termination of parental rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hal25701

What is the name of your state? West Virginia How difficult is it for an ex
spouse to have your parental rights terminated?
I have been divorced 4 years I have a six year old daughter,We have shared parenting but I havn,t seen her or talked to her for over a year.I am an alcolholic I am getting treatment,I have never been convicted of anything except DUI,I love my daughter more than life,we had a great relationship,I have never done anything to harm her,never abused her heck I have never even spanked her I have never been violent with her mother,oh sure I have said and done a lot of spiteful things in the past to my ex,I am incarcerated now in wv I did a plea agreement to get everything over with so I could get help and start my life over I am getting my classifacation to attend a treatmen program in Beckley Wv so I can get my liscenes back I am taking parenting classes ,for the second time in 2 years My ex asked the courts over a year ago if she could take my daughter and go to her mothers in Califorinia for 6 months to finish her college degree(she never inrolled) it has been over a year now with out a telephone # address I havn.t been allowed to speak to my daughter or contact her in any way my lawyer instructed me to get all my troubles behind me start over and then file contempt charges,
before I could do that my ex now has filed to have my parental rights terminated,she listed 23 points most of them completly false.
My story is much to long to post here but I will be glad to answer any questions you have .If you can give me some advice.
Thank,you hal25701

E

eyegots1

What state did she file in to have your rights terminated?

How long have you been in jail/prison and when do you get out?

What exactly are you in jail/prison for?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">