• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termination of Parental rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JoMarie71577

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I believe that my ex's new wife is attempting to file for my ex to terminate his parental rights to our 2 children. Can she do that? Doesn't he have to file for that? Will I be notified before it is made official? Can I stop it? I want child support. They both live in New York in the Bronx. Please advise.

LdiJ

I believe that my ex's new wife is attempting to file for my ex to terminate his parental rights to our 2 children. Can she do that? Doesn't he have to file for that? Will I be notified before it is made official? Can I stop it? I want child support. They both live in New York in the Bronx. Please advise.
His wife can't do anything at all.

He can't either unless you both agree to the termination AND you are married and your husband is willing to adopt the children and take over the legal responsibilities.

CJane

I believe that my ex's new wife is attempting to file for my ex to terminate his parental rights to our 2 children.
Why do you think that?

Can she do that?
She can't file anything re: your kids.

Doesn't he have to file for that?
Yes.

Will I be notified before it is made official?
IF something is filed, you will need to be properly served according to the statutes where the case is filed.

Can I stop it?
Yes.

I want child support.
Are you getting CS now? Is there an order for CS? Does he have a relationship with the children?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
She can't, but he can. Doesn't mean it will happen. And of course you want the child support. What about a relationship between the child and Dad?

Shay-Pari'e

JoMarie71577
Junior Member Join Date: Dec 2006

I think I am being charged for stolen property.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My ex's new wife claims that she is pressing charges against me because I admitted that I took her social security card from his wallet and threw it in the garbage. I did nothing with it. I did not commit any type of fraud or anything. Should I get a laywer? I think she is only doing it to be vindictive. Her card disappeared months ago and just now she is "worried". She lives in New York in the Bronx. Please advise. Thank you.

ceara19

JoMarie71577
Junior Member Join Date: Dec 2006

I think I am being charged for stolen property.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My ex's new wife claims that she is pressing charges against me because I admitted that I took her social security card from his wallet and threw it in the garbage. I did nothing with it. I did not commit any type of fraud or anything. Should I get a laywer? I think she is only doing it to be vindictive. Her card disappeared months ago and just now she is "worried". She lives in New York in the Bronx. Please advise. Thank you.
The OP doesn't seem to KNOW much of anything.:rolleyes:

Maybe the master plan is to wait until mom goes to jail and then have HER parental rights terminated.

Last edited:

Shay-Pari'e

The OP doesn't seem to KNOW much of anything.:rolleyes:

Maybe the master plan is to wait until mom goes to jail and then have HER parental rights terminated.
You are correct, she doesn't know much of anything. She admitts that she stole a social security card, yet dumped it.:rolleyes:

God, I hope my kids turn out brighter than this kid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">