• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

termination of parental rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Q

quest123

can a termination of parental rights be issued on the basis of failure to pay child support alone?

K

Kelly143

NO. In addition to failure to pay child support, there has to be no effort to contact the child in a certain number of years, depending on your state. If you want advice from an actual lawyer on this board, you will have to post your state, or they won't be able to help you. Becides, they like it when people follow directions. :D

Q

quest123

Thank you..I was just wanting some general info for piece of mind..

N

newmom

I'm reading old posts and this one struck me. It has been my experience that parental rights can not be terminated unless there is a possible adoption in the works (maybe the custodial parent has a spouse willing to adopt). I have been told that the state will not let a child be one parented by choice, they want to make sure they don't have to pay for the child!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">