• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termination of Parental Rights in NJ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Liza1952

I have seen similar questions but not for the state of NJ. My ex's visitation rights with our 10 yr old son are in the divorce decree but not court ordered. It states that visitation will be agreed upon by the parents. Certain days etc. are not stated. Because of his fathers increased verbal abuse and critical manner, my son refuses to visit him.. My ex is threatening to stop child support. My question is, if my ex terminates his parental rights, will that excuse his child support obligations? Thank You for any advice, Liza

Grace_Adler

From what I've been reading from other posts the answer is No. One of the only ways he can get out of paying support is if you were married and your husband wanted to adopt and the BF agreed. However I found out here that a guy had children he had to support by himself because his wife died and the judge ordered no more support paid on the other kids. I didn't get the whole story though there may have been more to this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">