• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas standard visitation schedule question.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jonathankahan

I am the* possessory conservator for my child in Texas.* Me and the mother live about 15 minutes away, I'm in tarrant county, she's in Johnson county.* We have been given the standard visitation court order.* I am unclear as to who picks the child up and who drops them off and where.* By what I read, I am suppose to pick the child up from the mother and childs residence, and she is to pick her up from mine? Also, can the mother tell me to drop the child off at her mothers residence while the mother isn't actually there? The Childs grandmother loves about 30 minutes away. Please let me know.* Thank you!

Halls

Wherever your order specifies the places the child is to be picked up or dropped off. Living in different counties typically the possessory conservator picks up child at managing conservators residence and managing conservator picks up child from possessories home, but your court order could be different and non standard. If the mother wants you to drop off child at place the court order does not specify you do not have to drop off your child there.

Bit of advice, I live in Dallas County and Ex lives in Collin County. Our orde specifies both homes as pick up/drop off place for our son. We coparent and work together and help each other out for the better of our son. Sometimes our requests of change don't work out, but most times they do. Certainly you don't want to drop your child off a place the intended supervisor isn't there, but if you can work with the mom here and there and she work with you your coparenting relationship will benefit your child.

Good luck.

LdiJ

Wherever your order specifies the places the child is to be picked up or dropped off. Living in different counties typically the possessory conservator picks up child at managing conservators residence and managing conservator picks up child from possessories home, but your court order could be different and non standard. If the mother wants you to drop off child at place the court order does not specify you do not have to drop off your child there.

Bit of advice, I live in Dallas County and Ex lives in Collin County. Our orde specifies both homes as pick up/drop off place for our son. We coparent and work together and help each other out for the better of our son. Sometimes our requests of change don't work out, but most times they do. Certainly you don't want to drop your child off a place the intended supervisor isn't there, but if you can work with the mom here and there and she work with you your coparenting relationship will benefit your child.

Good luck.
I agree that you don't want to make things more complicated in your co-parenting so you want to be flexible when its reasonable for you to be flexible.

However, you are supposed to pick up from mom, and mom is supposed to pick up from you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">