• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Threatened by CPS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Funk23

What is the name of your state? Texas

I do not believe this is the right place to post but I could not find the right spot. I am having a problem with CPS. Today at 4:30pm CPS showed up at my door. ( I have learned from my sisters experience to record everything, I have never had to deal with CPS) I Video recorded everything that happened today. I asked the case worker several times what the allegations were. He never told me. He then started asking about drugs and we told him we did not do drugs. I was on RX and showed him those bottles. He then asked us to take a drug test. I then asked him for a court order or a warrant? He then told us if we did not come into his office by noon the next day, we would not like the results...I toke this as a threat and asked him to leave. Mind you the video recording is going on the whole time. He got up to leave and went towards the door. My son followed behind I try to get to him but was to late. The cps case worker slammed the door on my sons hand. My son is not even 2. He did not turn around or nothing but kept going.

I called his super and told her of the incident and told her I had it all recorded. It was late so she told me she did not have our case in front of her and did not know the details of our case. She asked me to call again at 8:30am, so we could make some sort of arrangements. I did tell her I had it all on video. Right after I got of the phone with her the case worker called me back and I pressed play on my phone this time and recorded this convo. He asked if I thought about the drug test and if I was coming in before noon? I told him he needed to speak with his super as I was talking to her about the arrangement's for tomorrow.

My daughter came home from school and told me someone came to the school this morning to talk to her. They toke her to a portable building, after she told them in front of the principal they were a stranger and she did not know them and did not want to talk to them. He asked her about people touching her privates, If someone had ever seen her naked, if someone had ever taken her picture or videoed her. She told him no and then again told him she did not want to talk to him.

Now the case worker never asked us about this stuff. What is my next step? Was I in the wrong for asking for a court order? I have never had to deal with these people but my sisters have...Any advice is appreciated.

Scared Dad

Proserpina

You need to speak with an attorney - immediately. You do NOT have to agree to, or submit to, ANY request made by social services until and unless they have a warrant.

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS.

First thing in the morning, Dad - high-tail it to an attorney.

gr8rn

If there is swelling or bruising of your child's hand, take him to his PCP or to the ER and have the injury evaluated.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Texas

I do not believe this is the right place to post but I could not find the right spot. I am having a problem with CPS. Today at 4:30pm CPS showed up at my door. ( I have learned from my sisters experience to record everything, I have never had to deal with CPS) I Video recorded everything that happened today. I asked the case worker several times what the allegations were. He never told me. He then started asking about drugs and we told him we did not do drugs. I was on RX and showed him those bottles. He then asked us to take a drug test. I then asked him for a court order or a warrant? He then told us if we did not come into his office by noon the next day, we would not like the results...I toke this as a threat and asked him to leave. Mind you the video recording is going on the whole time. He got up to leave and went towards the door. My son followed behind I try to get to him but was to late. The cps case worker slammed the door on my sons hand. My son is not even 2. He did not turn around or nothing but kept going.

I called his super and told her of the incident and told her I had it all recorded. It was late so she told me she did not have our case in front of her and did not know the details of our case. She asked me to call again at 8:30am, so we could make some sort of arrangements. I did tell her I had it all on video. Right after I got of the phone with her the case worker called me back and I pressed play on my phone this time and recorded this convo. He asked if I thought about the drug test and if I was coming in before noon? I told him he needed to speak with his super as I was talking to her about the arrangement's for tomorrow.

My daughter came home from school and told me someone came to the school this morning to talk to her. They toke her to a portable building, after she told them in front of the principal they were a stranger and she did not know them and did not want to talk to them. He asked her about people touching her privates, If someone had ever seen her naked, if someone had ever taken her picture or videoed her. She told him no and then again told him she did not want to talk to him.

Now the case worker never asked us about this stuff. What is my next step? Was I in the wrong for asking for a court order? I have never had to deal with these people but my sisters have...Any advice is appreciated.

Scared Dad
Why is there a history of CPS intervention with your family? Why did you allow CPS in your home if you know your rights to refuse? Why was your child left "to fend for himself" while you videotaped?

Funk23

There is no CPS intervention with myself. The cases with my sisters were from Exs trying to gain custody, which back fired and all was ruled out. One sister has taken necessary measures to sue her ex because he signed an affidavit odf statement in order to gain emergency restraining order and get the kids till it went to court.. The case worker stood up for them and noted that he admitted to calling cps and signed the affidavit. So since he admitted she can now sue him because he admitted to calling. I did not leave my son to FEND FOR HIMSELF. My son was playing thru out the house and went to the door as he was walking out I and my wife had gotten up but neither were fast enough before the case worker slammed the day.

We even spoke with the supervisor and told her we would love to show her video of how her case worker acted.

I Did take my son to the doctor. The doc asked how it happened and we showed him the video. He has made a complaint against that case worker.

I am not and well not agree to a drug test because for them to get a court order they would have to have some sort of proof. Like seeing it, smelling it or if it looked like I was under the influence. The super admitted saying that they did not have reason to believe this was happening in the home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">