• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Time for My parents to let go

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

real_virus

What is the name of your state? Ca

My son is six years old and three out of those six years he's been with me. The last three he's been with my parents but by law they are my great aunt and uncle. I had lost my home 3 years ago, was out of a job, & fell back into drugs. Since then I went on a spirally downslope. But as of April of 2004 I've been changing my life around. My mom"promised",Wwhich she denies now, that he would come & live with me when school was over, which was in June. It is now September & no changes have been made. Says he's having a hard time with the idea. I have my own place me & my boyfriend & our daughter we have togther, rent a townhouse. I had enrolled him for school but then she said no , not at this time. I want him back do I have a good chance to get him back. There is no binding document saying he has to live with them. What can I do?I want my son home. I will take care of him.
My son has been with them for three years I don't know what his could do to him removing him all of a sudden. My mother is very manipulative with her words to me. I have a hard time not letting her get to me. We don't fight but she has a strong hold on me and she knows exactly what to say to scare me. I am an EX drug user but she makes me feel like I should pay for that forever. Please help with some advice.

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

real_virus said:
What is the name of your state? Ca

My son is six years old and three out of those six years he's been with me. The last three he's been with my parents but by law they are my great aunt and uncle. I had lost my home 3 years ago, was out of a job, & fell back into drugs. Since then I went on a spirally downslope. But as of April of 2004 I've been changing my life around. My mom"promised",Wwhich she denies now, that he would come & live with me when school was over, which was in June. It is now September & no changes have been made. Says he's having a hard time with the idea. I have my own place me & my boyfriend & our daughter we have togther, rent a townhouse. I had enrolled him for school but then she said no , not at this time. I want him back do I have a good chance to get him back. There is no binding document saying he has to live with them. What can I do?I want my son home. I will take care of him.
And what is stopping you from going over there with the police and taking him home? What is the REST of the story?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">