• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Title IV-E support money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anabanana

What is the name of your state? OR and FL

Are there any criminal penalties provided for in the case of people misappropriating Title IV-E adoption assistance? As near as I can tell, there's scarcely any administrative remedy, let alone criminal, but this is getting ridiculous...

We've been sharing custody of our adopted kids for three years and my ex has kept ALL of the adoption assistance subsidy payments, because they came in his name, just like before. Now I've got an arbitration order that the payments have to be split, and he has to pay me back all that he shanghai'ed for all that time, so now he's skulking off to hide behind a Chapter 13, saying that there is no order of support against him, so the Automatic Stay applies. What a bunch of hooey. But legally, it's very complicated.

So since he's already stipulated civilly that he shared the kids and kept all the money, why can't someone go after him criminally? There's never any stay on that. The money is supposed to attach to the kids, not the frikken payee parent.... he's been abusing the molasses in the family court for three years to keep me from having any of that money, and now he's going to BK to keep it up. (By the way, he's got over $100K in the bank, and he left me a pauper with various little fraudulent tricks, which THANKFULLY the BK trustee is ferreting out. It's not like he's hurting.) Anyone have any ideas on this oddity??

HomeGuru

anabanana said:
What is the name of your state? OR and FL

Are there any criminal penalties provided for in the case of people misappropriating Title IV-E adoption assistance? As near as I can tell, there's scarcely any administrative remedy, let alone criminal, but this is getting ridiculous...

We've been sharing custody of our adopted kids for three years and my ex has kept ALL of the adoption assistance subsidy payments, because they came in his name, just like before. Now I've got an arbitration order that the payments have to be split, and he has to pay me back all that he shanghai'ed for all that time, so now he's skulking off to hide behind a Chapter 13, saying that there is no order of support against him, so the Automatic Stay applies. What a bunch of hooey. But legally, it's very complicated.

So since he's already stipulated civilly that he shared the kids and kept all the money, why can't someone go after him criminally? There's never any stay on that. The money is supposed to attach to the kids, not the frikken payee parent.... he's been abusing the molasses in the family court for three years to keep me from having any of that money, and now he's going to BK to keep it up. (By the way, he's got over $100K in the bank, and he left me a pauper with various little fraudulent tricks, which THANKFULLY the BK trustee is ferreting out. It's not like he's hurting.) Anyone have any ideas on this oddity??
**A: Isn't this a duplicate post? I saw it before.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">