• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Totally off topic: Where to find "danger zones" ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Ma

Hey All!! Got a call from OffatUniversity'bay..:p...She is taking a trip to Israel this summer..:eek:...I was just wondering if anyone happened to know how to find out how dangerous it is to travel to a particular country?? This way I will know how much Valium I need to get when she goes.....;)

Thanks!!:)

>Charlotte<

Lurker
That State Department site is a very good source, but it will mostly give the usual generic information about avoiding crowds and demonstrations, being wary of cab drivers, etc. It does have a lot of good info, but...

Robert Young Pelton is an author who has written a book called "The World's Most Dangerous Places." He travels all over the world and explores all the hidden corners of the "scary" countries, and gives you a real-life, practical rundown on what to do, what not to do, where to go, and where not to go. It's really an interesting read, regardless of whether you intend to travel anywhere or not.

He also has a web site: http://comebackalive.com you chould check that out, too.

Hope your daughter really enjoys her trip!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I didn't need shots to go to Israel, either to visit or live. Granted, that was 20 years ago.

nextwife

Actually, you are in many ways, safer on the streets in much of Israel than on the streets here, or walking around a campus alone. There are Army soldiers all over, many of them are probably kids her age, and there are often soldiers on leave at bus stops and around town as the military is basically the entire population within a certain age. There is little street crime.

Just like any city or country - places you avoid and places that are public and safe.

Shots are NOT needed.

It's a FABULOUS trip! She should go and enjoy!

Last edited:

Just Blue

She's really looking forward to it...I ALWAYS worry...But I try to not be a worrisome freak around the kiddo's...:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">