• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is transcript valid as court order?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HighRoadParent

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I live in a county of Texas where you never see the same Judge twice as each motion is handled seperately. I have a long complicated custody dispute that is never ending with an ex who is abusive and wealthy.

My exhusband's attorney routinely files motions and goes to hearings where they pretend they advised me or my attorney of the action. They present fax notices where they actually never faxed anything to my attorney. Because of this their are multitudes of judgements that were made without my or my attorney being present. This is only part of a long list of inappropiate legal manuvering on behalf of my exhusband who claims he is not responsible for his attorney's actions.

Anyway we had a Judgement where I was present that allowed him to move out of state. His attorney came back and had the Judge sign the ruling without notifiying my attorney. The ruling was not what the Judge ordered and took away many of my rights. The Judge signed without reading. We went back to court and the Judge was angry at them and ordered them to rewrite the ruling and bring it back for her to sign. The other attorney refused to do this and now I am stuck with a transcript giving me my rights. (Plus the Judge handwrote the orders in my court folder) and a signed court order that is not correct.

How do I get the real order followed.

What type of motion would one use to present the transcript to the court and have it finally rendered into a document that a Judge will sign. The original Judge thinks that because he moved to another state that she has no plenary power. I disagree as it is in the transcript calling the other attorney a liar and accusing her of fraud in the courtroom and ordering that attorney to render the correct document for signing.

Plus even though he is in another state Judges here in Texas are still hearing motions on this case and making rulings on other matters in regards to custody.

I have thought of presenting the transcript to the new state but am concerned because it may imply that I want the new state to handle the current issues before the court here in Texas. The other state has already ruled this is a texas issue as my ex attempted to have them hear the case there and told that Judge there that there was no pending motions in another state. Again he and his lawyer were caught in lies and trying to defraud the Judges.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">