• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trial for Modification of Parenting Plan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

awill037

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

The judge on our case denied my attempt to dismiss a supplemental petition filed by my ex. She stated in her petition that (this is how it is worded) "Our daughter has engaged in inappropriate behaviors due to seeing these inappropriate behaviors exhibited by me while during my time-sharing". The "inappropriate behavior" she is stating is regarding a kiss my daughter has claimed to see me share with my significant other. My daughter is young & at the age where she understands that a lie can get you out of trouble; I say this because I have not engaged in such behaviors in front of them, and I've caught her and disciplined her on some matters from attempting to lie. My ex has also manipulated the children to say they cannot talk to me regarding this issue. She also claims that our daughter needed to see a therapist regarding her emotional stress from the divorce, and claims she's been wanting to do it for 8 months now, but recently starting taking her after filing her petition in June (I believe that was her real motive). I believe she may also manipulate her to the point she tells the therapist this type of stuff. She has also went as far as messaging my significant other on social media, and so has her family, trying to talk and demean my character. It became harassing to the point my significant other blocked them. She shows signs of envy because our children has a good relationship with my significant other, always willing to speak to highly of her on her own. We are now set for trial. What can I do, other than bring in my significant other to testify that the allegations are not true, and is my ex's allegation of "kissing", according to the court, considered inappropriate?

She also does not spend the "quality" time with our children that they desire due to her work schedule. How can this be brought up or proven? I'm always present at extra-curricular activities, involved in the schools by volunteering, as well as stable in my residence. She just recently moved in with her parents for whatever reasons. I honestly think this is her way of looking to gain more funds in child support since we have a 50/50 custody currently.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

The judge on our case denied my attempt to dismiss a supplemental petition filed by my ex. She stated in her petition that (this is how it is worded) "Our daughter has engaged in inappropriate behaviors due to seeing these inappropriate behaviors exhibited by me while during my time-sharing". The "inappropriate behavior" she is stating is regarding a kiss my daughter has claimed to see me share with my significant other. My daughter is young & at the age where she understands that a lie can get you out of trouble; I say this because I have not engaged in such behaviors in front of them, and I've caught her and disciplined her on some matters from attempting to lie. My ex has also manipulated the children to say they cannot talk to me regarding this issue. She also claims that our daughter needed to see a therapist regarding her emotional stress from the divorce, and claims she's been wanting to do it for 8 months now, but recently starting taking her after filing her petition in June (I believe that was her real motive). I believe she may also manipulate her to the point she tells the therapist this type of stuff. She has also went as far as messaging my significant other on social media, and so has her family, trying to talk and demean my character. It became harassing to the point my significant other blocked them. She shows signs of envy because our children has a good relationship with my significant other, always willing to speak to highly of her on her own. We are now set for trial. What can I do, other than bring in my significant other to testify that the allegations are not true, and is my ex's allegation of "kissing", according to the court, considered inappropriate?

She also does not spend the "quality" time with our children that they desire due to her work schedule. How can this be brought up or proven? I'm always present at extra-curricular activities, involved in the schools by volunteering, as well as stable in my residence. She just recently moved in with her parents for whatever reasons. I honestly think this is her way of looking to gain more funds in child support since we have a 50/50 custody currently.
Mother's work schedule is not going to harm her nor is her moving in with her parents. What type of kissing? Are you not allowed to have your SO around your children?

awill037

As far as I know, there is not anything against having my SO around the children. And I know I do not kiss my SO around my kids because she's not always around, and when she is, she usually spends time with the children, committing to whatever activities we have planned. If there was a kiss shared, it was more than likely a "pop" kiss. And how can this be proven? I've seen kissing on television (Disney Movies for example) which my kids see. Is this considered inappropriate television if the act in person is?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">