• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trust Fund to be set up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

christiluve

What is the name of your state? MD

I'm in the process of filing for child support, can I request that her father establish a trust fund for our daughter in the child support order?

VeronicaGia

A trust fund for what? You want him to pay support plus establish some form of trust fund? Is the guy rich?

You can ask that he have a life insurance policy naming the child as a beneficiary for the amount of support until the child is emancipated.

C

christiluve

No he is not rich but I don't think Child Support should just be limited. Just thinking about the future of my child and making sure she will be supported fully.

Whyte Noise

christiluve said:
No he is not rich but I don't think Child Support should just be limited. Just thinking about the future of my child and making sure she will be supported fully.
Are you willing to match his trust fund deposits dollar for dollar if he establishes it?

VeronicaGia

BLCM said:
Are you willing to match his trust fund deposits dollar for dollar if he establishes it?
Thank you for asking my next question.

I would also like to know if she should be court ordered to do this too, since she is asking him to be court ordered for this.

haiku

This SO reminds me of my husbands ex-wife!

During thier divorce proceeding, she requested my husband get half million dollar life ins. policy (originally she wanted a million but hey, she thought she was bargaining,...)

Aside from fearing for his life, my husbands lawyer requested she do the same for him, after all, what would my husband do, if HE was left a single parent?

needless to say when THAT request was brought to the table, his ex suddenly did not need any life ins. policy at all

:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">