• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trying to get child support from dead beat dad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wyomom

My x-boyfriend gets paid $12/hour. The problem--his boss pays him cash. We will soon be going to court for custody and child support and he has no record of income for the past 3 years+.
I'm concerned that he's going to get off only paying $50/month in CS. The child affected by this is 17 months old, has been in the hospital 6 times, surgery 3 of those times for a birth defect. Any suggestions?

CMSC

Wyomom, you may want to call your ex's boss and let him know your state laws for paying under the table....let him know the fines. Also let your ex know that you will report him to the IRS if he doesn't start paying taxes and claiming his income!
My suggestion would be to take all of your medical records and bills of your childs visit and show them to the judge make sure you ask that medical expenses be included in your support..are you going by yourself or through CSE?

W

wyomom

I just got an attorney. Actually we are first getting just a custody order to help prevent my x from getting the child and taking him to the state where he lives. (I think that would be difficult anyway because my son is almost always with me.) My attorney said first lets deal with the custody order then we'll deal with CS and visitation.

B

berrycute3

A friend of mine went through the same thing you are going through ex being paid under the table. Although circumstances are different or maybe not if you have a support enforcment officer since you were never married to the childs father you should, but different states have diferent ways of doing things. Go to your support enforcement officer and make them enforce the law of paying support. This is what my friend did she went to her support officer and reported the employer, they got ahold of the employer and notified him of the penalty of paying under the table to avoid ncp paying support. About a week later his wages were being garnished and he was paying support and still is. I hope you the best of luck with your situiation. Hopefully your ex will realize that the only person he is hurting by not paying support is the child he helped create.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">