• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trying to get custody of my younger siblings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

babytears46

What is the name of your state? florida

i am 19 years old and just had a baby when my sisters dad (moms x husband) went to jail and my brothers mom (our mom also) got into drugs and alcohol really bad. when dcfs got involved they had our mom hand over temp custody to me. now i have been taking care of them for almost 7 months. they are 7 and 15 just to let everyone know. i was just wondering if any one can give me advice on how to get full custody and what help i can get financially. i have been told that i can get help but nobody knows really how. its been a real struggle and need some kind of advice.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? florida

i am 19 years old and just had a baby when my sisters dad (moms x husband) went to jail and my brothers mom (our mom also) got into drugs and alcohol really bad. when dcfs got involved they had our mom hand over temp custody to me. now i have been taking care of them for almost 7 months. they are 7 and 15 just to let everyone know. i was just wondering if any one can give me advice on how to get full custody and what help i can get financially. i have been told that i can get help but nobody knows really how. its been a real struggle and need some kind of advice.
You can apply for welfare and should. Depending on your income level that could get you help with food stamps, maybe cash benefits and medicaid for the kids...perhaps even for you as well.

As far as full custody is concerned, that probably isn't going to happen as long as dcfs is involved.....and as long as you can't afford an attorney...which you obviously cannot. What is the current status of your mother's case?....and how long are their father(s) going to be in jail?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">