• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trying to serve papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bigb

What is the name of your state?CA
Trying to serve my ex with court documents to go back to court to change custody and support, but she refuses to answer phone, will not return voice messages. She has no listed living address but only an address to receive mail. How can I cover myself at the court hearing if she doesn't show and the judge asks for proof of me trying to serve her?

Zephyr

and you don't know where she works?, is there visitation for the kids- do you see her at the swap? you don't know anything she's involved in- like a fitness center etc?

bigb

if she has a job, she isn't telling anyone, probably for cash, she has told the kids that she's living in her car. Kids been living with me since June 100%. But she's supposed to have pri**** care.

BL

Start with the school's registration forms ,and records .

Use the FERPA .....

If you still can't locate the whereabouts , try Child Find Of America ..,or ask the court to initiate the FPLS . Find a Form to take with you .

Zephyr

Blonde Lebinese said:
Start with the school's registration forms ,and records .

Use the FERPA .....

If you still can't locate the whereabouts , try Child Find Of America ..,or ask the court to initiate the FPLS . Find a Form to take with you .

kids live with op

casa

bigb said:
What is the name of your state?CA
Trying to serve my ex with court documents to go back to court to change custody and support, but she refuses to answer phone, will not return voice messages. She has no listed living address but only an address to receive mail. How can I cover myself at the court hearing if she doesn't show and the judge asks for proof of me trying to serve her?
First pay the Sheriff's at court $38 (or close to) to serve her for you- Give them the only address you have. She'll either get served, or you'll have evidence you could not serve her at her last known address.... If the Sheriff can't server her &/or the address is a PO box, go to the Law Facilitator's office and get direction for filing when the other person's whereabouts are unknown.

bigb

Good idea to pay the Marshall and also maybe send a certified letter. I'll try,thanx

casa

bigb said:
Good idea to pay the Marshall and also maybe send a certified letter. I'll try,thanx
It should be the Sheriff's Dept. Contact the court clerk or visit the website for hours/costs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">