• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unborn child in MO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jay Brumberlow

I live in IL and the mother of my unborn child lives in MO. She is threatening to get an abortion. She says she still has 2 weeks to do it. Is there any thing I can do to stop it. I already offered to raise the baby. All I was asking was for my visitation and she freaked out.

Proserpina

I live in IL and the mother of my unborn child lives in MO. She is threatening to get an abortion. She says she still has 2 weeks to do it. Is there any thing I can do to stop it. I already offered to raise the baby. All I was asking was for my visitation and she freaked out.

Not a thing.

Her body, her decision.

She can choose to abort if she wishes.

If not, you can file to establish paternity, custody, visitation and child support.

ecmst12

If she chooses to have this baby, she is stuck with you for the next 18 years.

The ONLY person who gets to decide whether to carry the baby to term or not is the mother. You do not count even a tiny bit. If the baby is born, and you establish yourself as the legal father, then you count. But right now, nope. Leave her alone and let her decide. It's probably the hardest decision she will ever make.

CJane

It doesn't seem like it can be legal if the child has a home
Right now, the child has a home in MOM'S BODY. Which means Mom can choose to "evict" the child if she wishes.

If'n you wanted ANY say in ANY of this, you should have had sex with someone you were married to.

IF she carries the child to term, you can file to establish paternity/child support/visitation/etc. In MO. And you WILL NOT be able to use her "desire" to have an abortion NOW against her LATER. So don't even try.

gr8rn

Right now, the child has a home in MOM'S BODY. Which means Mom can choose to "evict" the child if she wishes.

If'n you wanted ANY say in ANY of this, you should have had sex with someone you were married to.

IF she carries the child to term, you can file to establish paternity/child support/visitation/etc. In MO. And you WILL NOT be able to use her "desire" to have an abortion NOW against her LATER. So don't even try.
Very good response.

Gracie3787

No, there is nothing you can do.

The truth is that men only have 2 choices- 1 is to have sex or not, the other is a choice of protection- condems or vasectomy.
Women have the rest of the choices, and the law requires men to accept the woman's choices no matter what.

The best advice- from now on make sure to use protection unles you are married and are very sure that you and wife agree on a possible pregnancy.

Antigone*

Visitation:confused: of what, her belly:eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">