• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

UNBORN CHILD SUPPORT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DENAINGRAM

Georgia

I am divorcing and now my soon to ex claims to be pregnant. I have proof of a current affair. I have no proof of pregnancy to date. If she is indeed pregnant will I be responsible for half of her bills . If so what happens if after 9 months of support will she have to pay me back. Also can my lawyer request a drug test since i also have proof of illegal drug use and if this is my child i do not want it born addicted

Ambr

until the child is born, there isn't a lot that you can do.
once it is born, you request a DNA test.

if the child is yours, then yes you could be held responsible for medical expenses. be ready to pay if she is on any assitsance from the state - they will come after you. they will also establish a support order.

as for the drug test - you can request anything, but unless it is court ordered, she does not have to comply.

if the child is born with an addiction - social services will be notified by the hospital and they will take appropriate actions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">