• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Uninterrupted Parenting Time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mominillinois

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

Hello!

What is the official definition of "Uninterrupted Parenting Time?" My son's father is coming up will all kinds of stuff.

Thanks!

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

Hello!

What is the official definition of "Uninterrupted Parenting Time?" My son's father is coming up will all kinds of stuff.

Thanks!
It is basically an extending period of parenting time for each parent, primarily in order to have the opportunity to vacation.

What kind of stuff is he coming up with?

mominillinois

Up

It is basically an extending period of parenting time for each parent, primarily in order to have the opportunity to vacation.

What kind of stuff is he coming up with?
Hello!

The most recent thing that he has come up with is that he does not want to take our son to his activities and says that Uninterrupted Parenting means that he does not have to.
Crazy, since he's telling his family and attorney that I will not let him be involved in activities, yet he does not want to take him. I will be posting a question on harassment, as well.

He also said that I cannot call and talk to our son during that time.

I called the Law Library for Kane/Kendall counties and the librarian just spent two hours looking for this info. She said that she could not find a definition.

PS I am the custodial parent.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Hello!

The most recent thing that he has come up with is that he does not want to take our son to his activities and says that Uninterrupted Parenting means that he does not have to.
Crazy, since he's telling his family and attorney that I will not let him be involved in activities, yet he does not want to take him. I will be posting a question on harassment, as well.

He also said that I cannot call and talk to our son during that time.

I called the Law Library for Kane/Kendall counties and the librarian just spent two hours looking for this info. She said that she could not find a definition.

PS I am the custodial parent.
Does your court order require dad to transport him to activities? Does your court order specify that you are allowed phone calls during dad's time? If not then dad doesn't have to take him nor does he have to allow phone calls.

mominillinois

Court order

We're actually in the process of developing the order now. The mediator we had didn't get the job done. Kept losing things and forgetting stuff and we ran out of time. She is a real piece of work. So now we have to scramble and put it together with our attorneys. I will make sure that this is put in the order.

Thanks.

Isis1

We're actually in the process of developing the order now. The mediator we had didn't get the job done. Kept losing things and forgetting stuff and we ran out of time. She is a real piece of work. So now we have to scramble and put it together with our attorneys. I will make sure that this is put in the order.

Thanks.
um, you know the judge has to ORDER it so it can be approved and signed in the order? or, you and dad have to agree to the change/modification.

LdiJ

um, you know the judge has to ORDER it so it can be approved and signed in the order? or, you and dad have to agree to the change/modification.
I agree, but if they cannot agree on some points, a judge has to decide.

It almost guaranteed that a judge would order telephone access for both parents when the child is with the other parent, but its a whole lot iffier as to whether or not the judge would order that they both be responsible for transporting the child(ren) to their activities.

mominillinois

Wrong wording

"UM" Perhaps I used the wrong wording, but either way, you knew what I was talking about This forum is a place to get information, to for people point out how stupid they think you are.

Isis1

"UM" Perhaps I used the wrong wording, but either way, you knew what I was talking about This forum is a place to get information, to for people point out how stupid they think you are.
i didn't know what you were talking about. i wanted to be sure you didn't just unilaterily add something to an order a judge didn't rule on. i wasn't calling you stupid at all. i don't ASSUME everyone knows the court procedures.

but then i'm not the one asking the question. :rolleyes:

wileybunch

Thanks.
Isabella can't read your mind. This says exactly that you will make sure that provision is put into the order.

Maybe what you meant to say is you'll make sure to REQUEST that it be put into the order.

mominillinois

Fair enough

Yes, I meant that I will request that this stuff be put in. The attorneys and we are working to put together the visitation & parenting agreement. Which is what the mediator was supposed to do, but she couldn't see to keep track of her paperwork. And my son's father lies through his teeth about everything and goes out of his way to make my life a living hell. I am not exaggerating. I have honestly never before met anyone this devious and vindictive in my life.

Please be aware that when you start a sentence with "um" it has a negative connotation and signifies an attitude. The image of the person standing there with their hand on their hip, rolling ones eyes...It would just be much less offensives with out the "um."

Thank you for the advice. I really do appreciate it.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Yes, I meant that I will request that this stuff be put in. The attorneys and we are working to put together the visitation & parenting agreement. Which is what the mediator was supposed to do, but she couldn't see to keep track of her paperwork. And my son's father lies through his teeth about everything and goes out of his way to make my life a living hell. I am not exaggerating. I have honestly never before met anyone this devious and vindictive in my life.

Please be aware that when you start a sentence with "um" it has a negative connotation and signifies an attitude. The image of the person standing there with their hand on their hip, rolling ones eyes...It would just be much less offensives with out the "um."

Thank you for the advice. I really do appreciate it.
Please be aware that when you correct those who are trying to help you, it signifies that you have an attitude and gives an image of a person standing there lecturing a puppy who piddled on the floor. We are not puppies and quite frankly we volunteer to help people. we try to give exact advice and make sure that people grasp the legalities of the situation. Make sure if the judge says, ummm, that you lecture him as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">