• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unique situation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tlwhittaker3

I'm in Ohio.

To get to it real quick..

I'm a father, who's baby's mom up and left with the child, 14 years ago. In the last year, through social media I was able to contact my child, but without the mothers permission.

Now she's at the point to where she'd really like to see me, but I don't really even know what I can do at this point. Suggestions?

CJane

Are you the legal father of this child? As in, declared to be so by a court, by the signing of a paternity affidavit, or by virtue of the fact that you were married to Mom at the time of conception?

If the answer is no, and you're contacting this child via social media w/out Mom's permission and blessing, you could be in for a world of hurt.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Seems to me that you could try communicating with the mother of the child.

tlwhittaker3

Seems to me that you could try communicating with the mother of the child.
Well that was option 1-10000.. didn't work. Can we just stick to my question and a little less about what you would personally try? I kind of exhausted every option available aside from legal. Hence why I'm here.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
Well that was option 1-10000.. didn't work. Can we just stick to my question and a little less about what you would personally try? I kind of exhausted every option available aside from legal. Hence why I'm here.
Hire an attorney.

You're welcome.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">